Valentine's Day Treats

Options
Anyone have any healthy Valentine's Day Treats and/or meals?

Replies

• icandoanything2012
    Options
    I plan on having strawberries and dipping them in melting chocolate. It's the healthiest treat I can think of that feels like Valentine's.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm alone.

:wink:
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2 ingredient brownies with some cool whip free!
    2 ingredients are box of chocolate cake mix, one can of pumpkin, bake and your done! Sooo good!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm alone.

:wink:

No you're not. I am too!!:smile:
  • charlenelockhart3
    Options
    I plan to have steak with sweet potato, peas, fried mushrooms and mini corn on the cob and profiteroles with strawberries for pudding. It is only going to take me over my calories by about 70 where as if i had the same as the hubby i'd be over by about 500 x
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I plan to have steak with sweet potato, peas, fried mushrooms and mini corn on the cob and profiteroles with strawberries for pudding. It is only going to take me over my calories by about 70 where as if i had the same as the hubby i'd be over by about 500 x

All that sounds good!
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    SkinnyTaste has two I love...
    There's a chocolate ricotta mousse (so creamy and light - and you absolutely can't tell it's ricotta cheese). It's really high in protien as well.

My personal favorite, though, is her cherry custard. It's SO decadent and sinful. I use raspberries in place of cherries, typically, but the effect is still beautiful and delicious. These are really easy to do in little mini crocks (like for french onion soup) and the recipe makes a small batch.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    2 ingredient brownies with some cool whip free!
    2 ingredients are box of chocolate cake mix, one can of pumpkin, bake and your done! Sooo good!

That's not two ingredients. That's one ingredient and a box of processed junk.
  • Mamalea32
    Options
    How about strawberries with fat free cool whip?
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am making healthy heart shaped pancakes for breakfast with strawberries. I am going to try to find a healthy cookie recipe today too for the kids. Probably some strawberries and dark chocolate later.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My go to for dessert recipes is Cooking Light, they have a lot of chocolate ones, I made the Hot Chocolate Lava Cakes for my boyfriend's b-day and they were great with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. This weekend I'm making pecan pie and bourbon vanilla whipped cream....so excited.
  • EllenNudi
    Options
    I totally agree. It doesn't feel like you are missing out on anything with chocolate covered strawberries. The strawberries are in season now and yummy and that little bit of chocolate just hits the spot. Great idea, thanks for sharing !
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The strawberries dipped in chocolate sounds so yummy!!! I think I will have that tomorrow!!!! :)
  • OneShortBri
    OneShortBri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my mom makes the chocolate cake mix with pumpkin and it is wonderful!
  • melissam226
    Options
    BANANA ICE CREAM!

It's just a frozen banana whipped up until smooth.

I usually freeze a banana, throw it in a bowl, whip it up with a spoon, add chocolate protein powder, and refreeze it.

One banana is about 90 cals and you can add some pretty healthy stuff. :-)

If you need pics: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've decided not to worry about it. It's one day, and one meal. It's also my husband's and mine 6 year dating anniversary. It's a big deal. I'll work out extra the next day and make up for it.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I plan to work, and I'm alllll alone. lol! I made mini cheesecake cupcakes today though, so I guess I'll have that. :)
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend and I are going to splurge on dinner, but I'm making him an EdibleArrangements-esque dessert! I'm going to cut up fruit into heart shapes, skewer 'em, dip some in chocolate, and bam! We can eat the whole thing and not feel nearly as bad as eating a whole box of chocolates!!!!

Now it's a matter of what did he get me...aahhh I asked for no chocolate!
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump