30 day challenge- Please join if you'd like

Options
Hello everyone!
I am creating a challenge to hold myself accountable for my weight loss this month. I am hoping that I can find a few friends who want to follow the same "plan" as me and log onto the challenge page every day to record how things are going and to weigh in when we choose. I will put on this page the entire plan and what we should follow but, you can modify it to fit your needs. Just post on the challenge page what things you have modified if you do choose to do that.

2/13/13-3/14/13 (30 days):
-Eat your calorie intake per day without going over (mine is 1310)
-Exercise for 30 minutes every day with an exercise of your choice (mine is 30 day shred)
-No carbs after 2 p.m
-Eat a lot of veggies
-Eat a lot of fruit
-Drink 64 oz. of water/day
-Walk 2 miles/week
-Choose 2 healthy meats to eat (mine are chicken and fish)

Those are all of my plans and I am hoping to lose 10 pounds following those challenges! I think it would be wonderful to have friends logging every day, posting their weigh-ins weekly, daily, whatever you do that works for you. Just share your plan on the page and your starting weight and goal weight. I can't wait to get a few people doing my 30 day challenge!!!! :)

Replies

• cetsumi
    Options
    I will follow this with you <33
  • Sheenalya
    Sheenalya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will join you as well!
  • joannemels
    joannemels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I would love to try this as well; I need to lose 10 pounds but find it horribly difficult.
    i will follow the plan you posted..with some exceptions...
  • Cath2016
    Options
    I'm in.
    30 minutes of some kind of activity each day (I like to vary)
    I'll stay under 1400 each day.
    I'm personally trying to cut back on soda and sugary foods.
    I want to lose 5-7 pounds (all I think I'll manage in 30 days at 146 with a goal of 130)
    I'm going to drink at least two nalgenes (giant water bottles) a day
    I will eat more veggies and fruit
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good for you guys this sounds like a great challenge!!

One thing though, I used to do the morning only for carbs thing until I recently read an article saying I had it all backwards! Apparently carbs in the morning may halt your fat burning potential and carbs are best consumed post-workout.

Check it!

"Your body’s sensitivity to insulin is highest in the morning and lowest in the afternoon, leading many to believe that we should eat carbs first thing in the morning because much insulin won’t be required to keep blood sugar under control.

The problem is that if you raise insulin even slightly by eating carbs—30 or more grams will do it—you seriously impair your body’s ability to burn fat for the rest of the day. Worse, you may even get fatter because of the presence of another hormone—cortisol. A stress hormone, cortisol will break down fat all morning, but combined with raised insulin, it can actually cause your body to create new fat cells.

For these reasons, most of your carb intake must come in the evening. Toss in a weight-training workout right before you eat carbs, and you maximize your ability for insulin to store them in your muscle cells while leaving fat alone. Studies in the Journal of Applied Physiology have demonstrated that lifting allows muscles to use and store sugar for several hours post-training—that means it will be quickly absorbed by the muscles you’ve trained to help them recover and grow."

Full article:

http://m.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/carb-backloading-to-get-lean

Just info in case you didn't know, good luck with everything girls!!
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cat- those are some great goals, I will invite you to the group and you can share them there as well! :)

Joanne- I will also invite you to the group.

Cominup- Thanks for the article. I may need to re evaluate my goals and aim for no carbs before 2 p.m? :) Thanks.
  • annmariek1
    annmariek1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will join you.