Robbing Peter to Pay Paul...

Options
So I went way over monday. So I added my overage to tuesday so i would not eat as much on tuesday. but i did so i added yesterdays overage to today... its madness.

However, I have been craving a cheeseburger / any red meat.- i think because i have been doing crossfit and more muscle workouts - for example - todays Workout of the Day was 100 pull ups 100 push ups 100 sit ups 100 squats...

So i dont feel bad about the burger - it was good and greasy and I think my body actually needed it.

I am undure where to end the madness though. All my food (including last nights burger) is logged in for today and I am at 1200 about. It includes an eggwhite omlette, fruit smoothie, cashew butter on celery... so it is good stuff, but I prob will be starving tonight...

What to do?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and Crystal light....

Last night I ate my dinner at 4:30 and was supposed to be done for the day. But come 8pm. I was starving again.
    I had 16 oz Fruit Punch Crystal Light, and was good to go. Water is a great filler for when you don't have any calories left!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I say just chalk those past calories to days where you went over and move on. Realistically, I think we're all going to go over from time to time. I say that starting today just log what you eat today and end the cycle - move forward and don't look back.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I say just chalk those past calories to days where you went over and move on. Realistically, I think we're all going to go over from time to time. I say that starting today just log what you eat today and end the cycle - move forward and don't look back.

I agree, just hit the reset button and move on. Because like you described, it's an endless cycle. Today is a new day to get better.
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    I went way over yesterday, I am just going to chalk it up as a bad day and start over today. I did get in my exercise, but I was craving some good old comfort food- tomato soup(homemade) and a good old gooey grilled cheese sandwich. I walked 2.5 miles yesterday and just ate and didn't worry about it.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I second these opinions :) Stop the cycle! It's okay to go over sometimes - remember that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound :)
  • allisonacs
    allisonacs Posts: 2
    Options
    @sabes2631: Don't carry your calories over. It's a surefire way to make sure your body ends up in starvation mode, which is going to make you hold on to your body fat. If you go over, forgive yourself, and move on. Try to get an extra work out in later in the week (or even that day).
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I can't possibly see how "carrying over" food can be good for you. If you are over a day, you're over. Move on. You are going to make yourself MORE hungry and do more damage.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    okay:) I started over:) thanks.... it was madness. lol
  • getphysicallyfit
    Options
    Hey if your doing CrossFit the numbers here do not apply. Remember that. CrossFit requires more and realistically Paleo eating patterns and lifestyle goes hand in hand with it. So your doing fine. We do a lot with CrossFit training and tweaking the eating habits comes into play.. But your doing great.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yeah it really doesn't work that way. You definitely just need to move on.

I eat burgers all of the time! But instead of being fattening and bad for you, I make lean ground beef or ground chicken breast ones, slap it on a whole wheat roll, slap on a piece of low fat cheese and veggies, and now I am eating a 250-calorie burger instead of a big greasy wasted-my-day's-calories one. ;)
  • getphysicallyfit
    Options
    Yeah it really doesn't work that way. You definitely just need to move on.

I eat burgers all of the time! But instead of being fattening and bad for you, I make lean ground beef or ground chicken breast ones, slap it on a whole wheat roll, slap on a piece of low fat cheese and veggies, and now I am eating a 250-calorie burger instead of a big greasy wasted-my-day's-calories one. ;)

Don't forget Ground Turkey *smile*... Then again thank your blood type for your ability to process red meat and your genetic code.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    True...although I probably only eat red meat 1-2 times a week. Mostly ground chicken AND turkey of course! ;)) (I like the ground chicken better though, not as dry)