Hello, I just joined on Monday :)

Options
wiseg2
wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
I thought I would come over to the forums and introduce myself. I joined this website on Monday 5/10 and so far I think it is great. Being able to keep track of my diet and exercise has been helping me a lot I think.

So anyways this will be the 3rd and hopefully the last time I've tried to get into shape. The highest weight I reached was 305 lbs. That was right before my daughter was born at the beginning of March. When I left the hospital after having her I was down to 297. I weighed myself again on Wednesday and now I'm at 285. My goal weight is officially 130 lbs. So I still have about 155 lbs to lose which is over half my body weight. I know it will take a while but I've struggled my entire life with my weight and I really want to be healthy for myself as well as my kids. I've had 2 kids in the past 2 years so it might be a little tough to get them to look decent. But I know that if I try hard enough I can do it.

I look forward to getting to know everybody and hopefully make some friends.

Replies

• Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi !! I'm almost 2 weeks in and need to lose 142 now myself.. It was 149 I am down 7.. I also like this site and have enjoyed writing to people. Hopefully I'm not a pain lol Would love to be friends if you want??
  • _Just4Me_
    _Just4Me_ Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! I too am in the same boat! Although, I am trying to get in shape so that I can get pregnant and people will actually know I'm pregnant and not just fat! =)
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    welcome!

:smile: :smile: we can do this!:smile::smile:
    i thought it was impossissable.:cry::cry: but i made my health #1 in my life now! i thought that was selfish, :noway: but my family has certainly benifited!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I'm in the same boat. I have a lot of weight to lose to get to my goal weight but I finally believe I AM WORTH IT. I have been going strong for a month or so now and before I would have just quit but I just keep plugging away with the mantra 1 foot in front of the other. :) WE can do this!!!!

:bigsmile: leslie
  • wiseg2
    Options
    Hello! I too am in the same boat! Although, I am trying to get in shape so that I can get pregnant and people will actually know I'm pregnant and not just fat! =)
    When I was pregnant with my 2nd no one really noticed except my husband. I was really sad about that.
  • wiseg2
    Options
    Hi !! I'm almost 2 weeks in and need to lose 142 now myself.. It was 149 I am down 7.. I also like this site and have enjoyed writing to people. Hopefully I'm not a pain lol Would love to be friends if you want??

I just accepted your friend request. I look forward to getting to know you.
  • nevadasmama
    Options
    Hey There! I joined on Monday as well. Well I guess I should correct that. I had joined a couple years ago, but actually didn't use it and forgot about it. I am wanting to lose about 30 pounds. I am doing Turbo Jam that I got through beachbody.com. I also am walking (the dog and/or using Leslie Sansone's videos) and I am incorporating a little Slim in 6 (another beachbody product). This is the first time I have really paid close attention to everything I am eating. This site makes it really easy to keep track. This week I have done really good with eating. Still working on drinking a whole 8 glasses of water. I have gotten as much as 5 but mostly it has been about 4. Glad to meeet other people trying to get healthy. I don't always want to give up my sweets, but for right now I am trying to not eat any. The first few days were terrible as I had bad headaches, sugar withdrawl I guess, and chocolate. But the past couple of days have been much better. Today my boys wanted Kentucky Fried Chicken. I got the Chicken Breast meal with potatoes/gravy, slaw and biscuit. I looked it up here and it is 860-870 calories. I was shocked! So I ate 3/4 of the chicken, 1/2 the potatoes, all the slaw and 1/2 of the biscuit. That cut about 250 calories from it. Right now my goal for July 14th is to be down 20 pounds. We are going to the beach then and I would love to be able to wear a regular bathing suit. Anyway, I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Shelley
  • wiseg2
    Options
    Hey There! I joined on Monday as well. Well I guess I should correct that. I had joined a couple years ago, but actually didn't use it and forgot about it. I am wanting to lose about 30 pounds. I am doing Turbo Jam that I got through beachbody.com. I also am walking (the dog and/or using Leslie Sansone's videos) and I am incorporating a little Slim in 6 (another beachbody product). This is the first time I have really paid close attention to everything I am eating. This site makes it really easy to keep track. This week I have done really good with eating. Still working on drinking a whole 8 glasses of water. I have gotten as much as 5 but mostly it has been about 4. Glad to meeet other people trying to get healthy. I don't always want to give up my sweets, but for right now I am trying to not eat any. The first few days were terrible as I had bad headaches, sugar withdrawl I guess, and chocolate. But the past couple of days have been much better. Today my boys wanted Kentucky Fried Chicken. I got the Chicken Breast meal with potatoes/gravy, slaw and biscuit. I looked it up here and it is 860-870 calories. I was shocked! So I ate 3/4 of the chicken, 1/2 the potatoes, all the slaw and 1/2 of the biscuit. That cut about 250 calories from it. Right now my goal for July 14th is to be down 20 pounds. We are going to the beach then and I would love to be able to wear a regular bathing suit. Anyway, I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Shelley

Hello I think this site is really helpful as well. This is the 1st time I've kept a food and exercise log.
  • Whitby86
    Whitby86 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I'm new too. Hoping to lose a bit of weight of weight before my wedding next year. Started to let things slip over the past 18 months. This site is genius just what I need to stop me cheating and to give me some motivation.

Nice to know we're all in the same boat!
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome...just try to stay dedicated and motivated, and you'll do great!
  • juliajodoin
    Options
    Hi ,

I also joined this week.
    So far so good, I have been going to the gym everyday!
  • nevadasmama
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week? Yesterday was tough for me. I kind of lost my way on my eating. My youngest wanted to make some cakes in his Easy Bake Oven and I succommed. Then once I had had a taste of chocolate I just wanted more! I am hoping to do better today. Finished my workout and walked the dog this morning. Glad I got that done after dropping the boys off at school cause it is raining now. Hope you all are doing well.
    Shelley
  • Whitby86
    Whitby86 Posts: 5
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week? Yesterday was tough for me. I kind of lost my way on my eating. My youngest wanted to make some cakes in his Easy Bake Oven and I succommed. Then once I had had a taste of chocolate I just wanted more! I am hoping to do better today. Finished my workout and walked the dog this morning. Glad I got that done after dropping the boys off at school cause it is raining now. Hope you all are doing well.
    Shelley

Was doing well yesterday until my boyfriend's mum baked some rhubarb crumble and I gave in!! Don't even want to think about the calorie content, so that was yesterday's logging spoilt! MUST TRY HARDER!!!

I am doing well today =)
  • Christella
    Christella Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thinks for the word of encouragement, Reign. I started today May 19, 2010. I think I will take it slow setting my goals to 10 lbs at a time. I currently weight 166, 5' 3".