I am in need of some Support :(

Options
I need some help. My name is Cassandra and I have lost 53 lbs so far. Well within the last two weeks I have lost my motivation to keep eating right. I have gained 2 lbs back and am upset with myself. Please if anyone can relate or just some opions on how to get back on track.
Thank you.

Left picture is me at 200 lbs and the right is me at my lowest 148.8 lbs.

8459097731_357f3f10c1.jpg

8401518520_7ef7a45534.jpg

Thanks gain!

Replies

• WillowBreeze
    Options
    I'm a little off track right now too, feel free to message me or friend me or whatever, maybe we can help one another
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, we dont want to gain the weight back. I lost 40 two years ago and have recently put back on 10 lbs. I hate that. Hope this tracking will help me, I just joined yesterday. Remember how good it feels to wear our clothes.
  • celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of motivation in those pics!! You have accomplished alot already and doing well.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    We have all been there - the 2 pounds is 7000 calories - have you overeaten by that much? If not, then it is probably a natural bodily fluctuation that you shouldn't panic over.

Get back on track and keep moving forward. You can do this!!
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I haven't been this Size since high School. Love The attention I Am getting. I will keep looking at my pics and the success stories.
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! My suggestion is to keep going forward. Don't dwell on gaining back two pounds. Maybe look to other websites as well for inspiration. Find some interesting youtube videos to help change up your routine, etc. etc. Sometimes it's easy to less strict with ourselves when we've already achieved a lot, but remember how easy it is to put the weight back on if we lose focus of our ultimate goals.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If this is your goal weight (and you do look amazing, so it very well might be) then you can start maintaining so you can eat a bit more, but try to keep up that healthy lifestyle. It's good you've realized this after you've only gained 2 lbs - it's a good time to say "It'll be easy to turn this around." It's not so easy once you've gained 20 - trust me, I've been there.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.. Good luck with the rest of your journey.. I too am struggling at the moment..
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options
    Well i really am having a **** time with this at the moment, even though I excercise every day I have gained 13lbs since christmas day, but now i have admitted i have a problem maybe i can sort it out, feels like i'm in AA lol. my junk food intake has spiralled out of control, lets hope now i've shared that it will come back down, I need at least 10lbs back off in 4 weeks thats my goal, any words of support would be gratefully received xx
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!
    Just keep on moving forward, one day at a time, and keep monitoring your food intake, exercise and weigh yourself periodically. This is a life style change, not a diet. You are a success and have done wonderfully, just keep on doing what you have done so far.
  • ricgar1955
    Options
    I believe its normal to have peaks and valleys in any type of goal related program. Its easy for me to comment on weight related problems because I've never really had a problem but I exercise to get back in shape at 5 AM. Its hard but I have made progress and that's what keeps me going. Just take a look at your before and after picture. You're doing great! Keep that in mind and remember its ok to stumble and fall just pick yourself back up and go again.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    why did you want to lose weight in the first place? after you'v thought of that, imagine yourself at the weight you'd like to be, and how that makes you feel. before now i'v googled before and after photo's, the thought of fitting into beautiful clothes and being a lot slimmer for my holiday has helped my mind set :flowerforyou:
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We have all been there - the 2 pounds is 7000 calories - have you overeaten by that much? If not, then it is probably a natural bodily fluctuation that you shouldn't panic over.

Get back on track and keep moving forward. You can do this!!

I agree. Drink a poo ton of water and flush out. I bet you're retaining from sodium. I have this happen at least once a week. I fluctuate 2-4 # regularly, then I'm back down and then some.

Please add me if you need more encouragement. I'm a great cheerleader. Good luck hon, I think you already have this bull by the horns! You rock!
  • mgarcia843
    Options
    Everyone goes up and down, as much as this corner of the our lives is dedicated to being healthy and losing weight we all have 95% of our lives devoted to other things. The best thing to do is not get discouraged, and turn around and get back on track.

Take a look at your own before and after pictures as motivation of what you can accomplish and have accomplished, and realize that 2 pounds is not breaking your achievements.

For what it's worth, your transformation has inspired me today to put down the office donut and pick up a glass of water instead. So thanks, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's impressed by what you've done thusfar.
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I love MFP. I guess I just needed you guys to remind me that a couple weeks of rocky road doesn't mean I should quit. I am not a quitter and I am strong enough to keep going!!
    Again, thank you everyone or your words that mean a lot to me!! ;)
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    I got a little off track again the last few weeks. I started this about a year ago and lost some weight, gained it back because i started a new job and was super busy this summer with work and going out of town with family/friends. That being said, I gained all but three pounds back and was ashamed and down on myself. Since starting a month ago I have lost almost 10 pounds, but I still feel like I am not doing good enough. I understand what you're going through....and like I keep telling myself -- DON'T GIVE UP. Keep up the good work!!!! You look great.
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    think hard on why YOU think you've gone astray, and why you want to get stay healthy.

reset yourself when you've got it!
    congratson all the hard work you've done and the fantastic results!
  • charlieatl
    charlieatl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whoa, wait a minute...you've lost 50+ pounds, gained 2 pounds back and think you need support? No way, you could be giving support, that is terrific, congratulations.
    I'm 5'11", male, 64 years old, and I gain around 2 pounds during each day, and lose between 1.5 and 2.2 pounds overnight; this, for me, appears to be normal body-weight fluctuation. That being said, I seem to be able to lose, and, mostly, keep weight off, to the tune of about 3/4 - 1 pound per week: started at 201 in May of last year and am now hovering in the mid-170s, with a goal of 169, which seems about right for my frame and BMI.
    Keep plugging, you are a success story, not one in need of support.