Restarting Metabolism

Options
Hi everyone,

I am having a lot of trouble losing weight, despite being quite careful with calories and recently starting to exercise. I realise it won't happen overnight, but I am starting to wonder if my metabolism is the problem.
When I was 17 I had an ED, managed to get better by the age of 20, but then returned to starving myself again when I was 25.
I am now ED-free, but I think due to several bouts of starvation, my metabolism ran away screaming years ago, never to return.
My body seems to store absolutely everything I put in it, just incase I decide to go back into starvation mode again.
I have stacked on 40kg in the last 7 years and desperately need to get some weight off for my health and happiness.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is there a way to entice my metabolism into returning home? :sad:

Replies

• brittneysegel
    Options
    Try out this site, I try to follow all of these tips cause I had a super slow metabolism as well.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-boost-your-metabolism
  • brittneysegel
    Options
    Another important thing is have a high calorie breakfast EVERY morning. I mess up sometimes and don't eat breakfast but it's really bad for your metabolism. Studies suggest that you should have about 20% of your daily calories AT LEAST at breakfast. Hope that helps.
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brittney :)
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Look into "Eat More To Weigh Less" in the group on MFP. There's also a website now. I had the same exact problem.... and I was also eating 1200 calories per day and working out 3 hours per day and losing NOTHING. ..I did a full metabolism reset for a couple of months, and now I can eat nearly 3000 calories per day sometimes and still lose weight... and this is working on my feet 8 hours per day and spending only around an hour in the gym 4-5 times per week! :-)