Looking to buy a Bike

Options
Looking to buy a bike for this summer, wondering if anyone has any input. Im a bigger stocky guy looking for a good quality and will last for years. Something you can run off and on road.

Replies

• laurensmee50
    Options
    You probably want to look at a trail bike or mountain bike if you want to be able to ride it off road as well as on road. Any road bike or cross city bike has no suspension and so cant handle much.
    Giant make a fair few bikes that are not too pricey if you dont want to spend too much.

Hope this helps!
  • GlowstickGirl
    GlowstickGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what type of riding you're going to be doing. I do all of my riding on the road and own a Trek. I love their brand. But if you're going to be on trails and such you may want to look into a cyclo-cross or mountain bike. I do recommend investing a little money into whatever bike you buy if you're going to be riding it very much or you'll regret buying something with a cheap, crappy frame and components.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you live near an REI store? REI staff were very helpful when my husband and I were looking for bikes last week.
  • GlowstickGirl
    GlowstickGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oops, guess i didn't really read the whole post. Definitely agree with pp then, look into a cyclo-cross or mountain bike. Giant is a good brand that is a little expensive. I also like the Trek and Cannondale brands. I'd check out a local bike shop if you have one. They'll be able to help you find something to suit your needs :)
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input