Protein bars have gotten tastier

Options
jljohnson
jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
I used to follow a higher protein diet, and often ate protein bars. Back then, everything I tried was gritty and had a weird after-taste about them. Just recently, I've started incorporating protein bars back into my diet, and am amazed at how great they taste, compared to what I ate years ago. Just this week, I had a Supreme Protein - Caramel Nut Chocolate bar, and I would probably give up just about any candy bar for one of these... so good! Today was a Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bar, and it was really decent too. I'm actually excited to go back to the store and get more to try!

So, what's your favorite protein bar?

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder's Chocolate Mint. Tastes just like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. Yummy!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Whey to Good

and Luna Bar Lemon Zest!!!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Special K Double Chocolate is my favorite! And it has 10g of protein in every bar! It's like eating a chocolate covered cocoa krispy treat!! Yum!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I love Larabars (the PB&J one is AMAZING), and have been trying Kashi, Special K, and Promax as well.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I like Clif's Peanut Butter something or other. Tastes like a cookie to me. :happy:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Cliff's, Kashi and think thin
  • mocorbin
    mocorbin Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. My daughter is a vegan and does not get enough protein so I wanted to recommend your suggestions.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I'm looking for at least 15-20g of protein per bar, so some of the suggestions so far might be a little shy of that. I'll still check them out... 10g is still way better than what you'd get from the alternatives. I didn't realize Special K made protein bars! I like the taste of their other bars/snacks. They don't fit my needs right now, but maybe the protein options would.

What else is good?
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder's protein bars have 20 grams of protein per bar and they are really good. I like the cookies and cream!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I used to follow a higher protein diet, and often ate protein bars. Back then, everything I tried was gritty and had a weird after-taste about them. Just recently, I've started incorporating protein bars back into my diet, and am amazed at how great they taste, compared to what I ate years ago. Just this week, I had a Supreme Protein - Caramel Nut Chocolate bar, and I would probably give up just about any candy bar for one of these... so good! Today was a Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bar, and it was really decent too. I'm actually excited to go back to the store and get more to try!

So, what's your favorite protein bar?

Yes - they are DELICIOUS and almost as good as a candy bar :)

I love the Special K Protein Meal bars and pure protein bars.

Mmmmm
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    All of them have a weird metallic aftertaste to them. Except Kashi, but those are more like snack bars, not so much protein. I think the whey is what gives them that weird taste.