• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Water
    Protein powder
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to bananas, I can actually tell if a place didn't clean their blender if i order a blended ice drink from a coffee stand.

I make my smoothies using frozen berries as lindsiswatchi said.

Also, I will put in a few blops of non-fat plain greek yogurt in the blender as well, great for some extra protein. You can freeze the yogurt into some silicone ice cube trays and put a few of those in your smoothie too.

Hey me too. Only if they didn't clean their blender I have an asthma attack lol.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    My banana less recipe...

2 scoops strawberry protein powder
    3/4 cup Trop 50 OJ
    1/2 Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
    2 Cups Frozen Strawberries

It's a big smoothie so just half everything if you want a smaller one. I make this almost every night and love it.
  • ryry_
    Options
    you would have to blend this of course and make a smoothie.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A fave of mine was the combo of frozen strawberries and fresh pineapple with some milk and protein powder. Sometimes I'd add in cherries or whatever else I had around!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bumpin' this! Good idea... Piña colda... Oh ya!
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    mine is :

1 cup water
    1 cup of your fav juice
    1 cup frozen superfruits
    1 scoop whey
    60G yougourt

I also add a banana when i have one but not a must and since you dont like it dont use it!
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ryry_
    Options
    NIce idea about the pina colada. Definitely going to try that one.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/891105-almond-mango-coconut-protein-smoothie-with-spinach

Made this lovely variation today for breakfast and it rocked. Super tasty and very filling.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump

Thanks for posting this. I have shied away from protein shakes because I also hate bananas.
  • mbouf94
    mbouf94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to bananas - I make my protein shakes with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of vegan (pea) protein, 4 or 5 frozen strawberries, 3 or 4 slices of frozen peaches, 1/8 cup frozen raspberries.

Sometimes I add ground flax to it, sometimes I use less almond milk and put a bit of Greek yogurt in. Sometimes I use frozen mango in place of the frozen peaches. Sometimes I use frozen blueberries in place of frozen raspberries.

Once I used Greek yogurt because I ran out of almond milk and after blending it, it was almost like frozen yogurt. AMAZING.
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Pina Colada idea. Just picked up some of those pineapple coconut Dasani drops!
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of banana either, unless it comes in Laffy Taffy, then I could eat an entire bag. I never have been either, and the popular treat around here is chocolate dipped, frozen bananas served on a Popsicle stick. ICK!

I have to stay away from anything chocolate and strawberry also due to allergies so my ready made shake options (aka Slim-Fast) were always nil. :sick:

I make a shake with Hy Vee Whey & Protein Powder, Vanilla or plain, and Almond milk, again vanilla or plain. Sometimes I add in a tablespoon of peanut butter, frozen fruit, or a drop of liquid flavoring. I've used the baking flavors (YUM! LEMON:love: ) as well as the drink concentrates like Mio or Crystal Light. I do have to STRONGLY warn that a little bit of flavoring goes a long way. I learned that the hard way. :grumble:
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Avocados! they are a great way to get the smooth consistency and they are so good for you. A quarter of one will do!
    Mangos are another good way to get the smoothiness that we all love :)
    Canned Pumpkin is also another fave of mine
    pick one with some choc or vanilla protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and you're set!

What's your recipe with canned pumpkin?? I :heart:, :heart:, :heart: pumpkin, and this sounds suspiciously like it would taste similar to a pumpkin blizzard!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I love adding frozen mango and pineapple or peach into my shakes. Sometimes I also add a tbl of sf/ff pudding powder mix
    or PB2.Yum
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Made this sucker today - Chocolate Coffee PB2 w/ Spinach
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/894044-chocolate-coffee-pb2-protein-smoothie-with-spinach

Loved it! :heart:
  • jtmurph7
    Options
    Great ideas...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,120 Member
    Options
    Avocado and vanilla protein powder and some milk or almond milk, or even water. Sounds odd, tastes delicious.