Dental work or exercise

Options
I had an unusual experience this morning. I've been dieting, which I have done most of my life off and on. I hate exercise and I am not usually able to sustain an exercise program or routine for very long. I HATE exercise...

This morning, during my normal exercise time, I had a dental appointment for a crown (broken tooth). As I was lying in the chair, I found myself wishing I wasn't in the dental office, but at home exercising. I laughed out loud! I have NEVER wished to be exercising in my entire life!!

This made me wonder how many of you would prefer dental work vs exercise. Or exercise over dental work! Or sitting in the dental chair wishing you were exercising instead?

Replies

• kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Exercise all the way... This is coming from a dental nurse :laugh:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Exercise, even though I really like my dentist! I'm burning calories, it's a break from my workday, I get to listen to good music and interesting podcasts while I work out.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lol...I had a similar epiphany while at my gynie office a few months ago.....cardio v. pap smear???? I'll take the run any day!!!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm a dental assistant, and honestly, I'd prefer exercise.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I tolerate dental work very well. Exercise is a struggle. I had 3 teeth pulled last week. That was my excuse not to exercise. Terrible.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would have to choose the exercise! Wonder if there's a way to use this for motivation :smile:
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'll take the exercise any day!
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much my teeth hurt..............but 99% of the time I'll take the exercise.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I actually get sleepy while sitting in the dentist chair all reclined and all...lol....But I would rather exercise than go to the dentist, or even rather than go to work! Or rather exercise than clean house.....etc...
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dental work. Gotta get it done so I can be more pain free later on. Besides, one day won't kill ya.