easy bring to work lunches?

Options
anyone have any suggestions?

i bring soup and stuff, but i find salads to take up too much room.

holla at me! :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches. I don't know how much room you have in your fridge or how much time you have to prepare the night before or day of, but I keep all my food at work. Lately I've been doing deli turkey on rye with green pepper, red onion, avocado and mustard. You could easily make this the night before, throw in a ziploc and bring the next day. I've been pairing it with a cajun trail mix and some almonds. DIVINE!!! :happy:
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually will bring cut up chicken and a wheat tortilla with a little bit of cheese and then nuke it here at work. I like the wrap thing, its easy and usually take whatever veggies i have cut up in the fridge.I usually make extra for dinner and portion containers for lunch so its an easy thing too..
  • terib67
    terib67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually roast a turkey breast on Sundays, with lots of herbs, garlic and lemon, and then I'll make wraps with it for lunch. For instance, I made one today, with 2 oz. of turkey, raw spinach, grape tomatoes, and garlic and herb feta. The wraps I use are "Ole" wraps that have 5 carbs, 12 grams of fiber, 8 grams of protein and 70 calories. They're amazing. You can make the wraps with tuna, chicken breast, whatever you have. I like them because they fill me up, stay with me for a few hours, and obviously, they're really good for you. Also, you can throw them in a ziplock bag and go. Hope that helps, good luck!
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    if I cooked dinner the night before, then I just bring leftovers. after I cook I dish some out to eat dinner, then dish some out to bring for lunch the next day and tell my husband he can eat whats left! yesterday I brought a bag of steamfresh veggies and teriyaki sauce and leftover spaghetti and meatballs. today I have an Amy's teriyaki bowl (290 cal) and a chicken mozarella sausage (120 cal). I always bring fruit to snack on too.
  • dopegirl422
    dopegirl422 Posts: 40
    Options
    You can also buy Lean Pocket/ Lean cuisines....For those days where you want to feel like you are cheating
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I typically do a lean cuisine or lean pocket, frozen veggies & a piece of fruit or a yogurt. I know the frozen items aren't the greatest things in the world to eat, but they are time & space savers.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    thanks everyone! keep the ideas coming!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I try to plan dinner so that I can have LEFT OVERS for lunch.
  • TanyaAndrade
    Options
    1% Cottage cheese with strawberries, red grapes and mandarin oranges. You can't taste the cottage cheese at all. It's great for protein, and tastes delicious!

A wrap with a bit of cheddar or havarti, red & yellow peppers, cucumber and tomato. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate veggies, I hate eating them on their own.

Bran flakes with 1/2 a sliced banana.

All easy to make, low in fat, nutritious and filling. I try and stay away from processed foods, which really limits my choices.
    Those are my 3 (non-traditional) lunches when I'm trying to lose weight.
  • kat1976
    kat1976 Posts: 10
    Options
    I sometimes stop at the shops on the way to work and pick up raspberries and bananas and just much at them all day. Keeps me from being too hungry at lunchtime. Also make some cous cous with vegetable stock and roast some peppers and onions in the oven, mix together, add cherry toms. Or where I work they sell baked potatoes. so if Im being lazy I'll buy one and put a bit of coleslaw on...like a tablespoon, not much. or just crack open a can of chick peas (garbonzo beans)! very filling. Hope this helps.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You can portion out berries, carrots, grapes, etc in little baggies at the start of the week. Boil eggs too.
    In the morning I grab the bags of what I want, an egg, and all I have to do is make my sandwich (that could be made the night before). Quick & easy & healthy. Add a yogurt or protein bar depending on how much you eat.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    We usually bring the previous evenings dinner, measured out to the proper portions of course. I make a salad every morning and put it in tupaware. Then assorted fruits and veggies.

One thing I found that really helps are Green Giant Just For One's. They are seasoned veggies, very low cal, and easy to transport. I go through two a day. I ran out yesterday and quite annoyed about not having them today.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I will bring leftovers or the Starkist Lunch To Go Kit (240 Calories) - It includes the Tuna, 6 Crackers, Sweet Relish, Mayo, A Spoon, A Napkin & A Mint :happy:
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Complete Meals! Easy, quick, and a whole meal. Yeah yeah, they're frozen. But you're looking for something quick and easy and small, and these work :happy:
  • Melbubo
    Melbubo Posts: 1
    Options
    Celery with Hummus - hummus really fills you up and is really good for you!!!