www.mapmyfitness.com

Options
Hi all!

Does anyone else use www.mapmyfitness.com? I use it to map my runs and bike rides and typically use it for my exercise calorie estimates. Of those that are familiar with the calorie estimates have you found them to be accurate?

I have found that the estimates I've obtained from that website are typically lower than those found on this website - but lower does not equal more accurate.

Just wondering...

Thanks!

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I use it mostly just to reference my distances. I've noted that it 's still quite a bit off from my HRM.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    no idea but I'm tagging this for future reference thansk
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YES- not only do I use it - our running club uses it. We have found it to be highly accurate.... for distance!
    As with all sites variance with food can be huge! Take it with a grain of salt - so to speak - hehehehe.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome site! I never remember to use it! I use mapmyrun on my phone sometimes which is connected to that.
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've used mapmyrun and mapmyride but did not know about mapmyfitness. I'll have to go check it out. Most of the comments that I read on the message board is that the calories burned on MFP are higher compared to other methods they use. MFP is high than my Garmin for biking and running.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    i use run and/or ride daily, mainly just to plan out distances, and look at elevations

didn't even know it worked out calories! LOL
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    To calculate calories go to the Training Log to enter a Workout. Click Add on the day you want to add a workout. Complete the form including your route and time for the run, ride, etc. Then click Auto Calculate next to the Estimate Calories Burned box. Also, if you go to Step 2 rather than just immediately saving the workout entry, it will give you your pace (which is an easy calculation, but this is still convenient).

Also, have any of you visited the new Beta site? I like it better. It seems less cluttered and more intuitive.

Lastly, I was wondering if any of you are interested in starting a challenge on the MapMyFitness site. I was thinking something on the lines of "Workout 27 Times in 30 Days" or "Run 100 Miles in 30 Days."
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    cool! Thanks :wink:
  • abredbenner
    Options
    i'm up for the challenge
  • abredbenner
    Options
    i'm up for the challenge