I love Subway, but all the sodium... UGGHHHHHH

Options
Just when you think eating at subway was good for ya... with all the sodium they pack in there it's hard to eat without blowing your sodium numbers through the roof! Any advice for subway orders with lower sodium (besides the salad)

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just watch it the rest of the day and drink lots of water. An occasional high day isn't going to hurt.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I too love Subway, but the sodium OMG! I don't eat there too often. a small 6" sub has the amt of sodium that is close to our daily recommended of 2500. Once in a blue moon can't hurt, but dawningr is right about drinking lots of water.

Subway isn't healthy like many may think it is.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    a small 6" sub has the amt of sodium that is close to our daily recommended of 2500.

I usually get a 6" 9-grain turkey double-meat with a ton of spinach and a couple of rings of tomato. The sodium count is 1360 mg. Not the best, for sure, but not 2500 mg either. When I go to the web site and put that in without the double-meat, it comes out only 820 mg. We're not going to eat healthy by exaggerating the sodium, or calories, or anything else. Look for accurate info on everything you eat, specifically the way *you* eat it!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Just when you think eating at subway was good for ya... with all the sodium they pack in there it's hard to eat without blowing your sodium numbers through the roof! Any advice for subway orders with lower sodium (besides the salad)

unless you have a medical reason for doing so, there is no real reason for most people to even bother with tracking sodium.