Lunch Ideas

Options
KAskinny
KAskinny Posts: 50
Help! I am spent on lunch ideas!

My husband and I are lucky enough to be able to go home for lunch, but we usually only have time to make a quick sandwich or salad, eat it and go. We are getting so tired of sandwiches! Any suggestions on some quick low fat easy lunch ideas? I'm even willing to make extras at dinner to reuse some ingredients at lunch (the hubby isn't big into leftovers so he can't know it was from last night :wink: )
Any help would be oh so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    No sandwiches?! Well that's actually my idea.. I just take a pouch of tuna and plop it on a Nature Multi Grain Sandwch Round.... the bread is good and I top with something different each day... banana peppers.. tomatoes.... ranch... and it's less than 200 calories and super easy.

Either that or like you said dinner leftovers - nuke and eat. :)
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I like burritos. I wrap left over taco meat (ground turkey breast) and black beans (sometimes spanish rice) in a low fat soft shell, add a half slice of the Kraft 2% milk cheeder on top and then zap it in the microwave. Top it with salsa and dalop of light sour cream (if needed)!

I mentioned mini pizza earlier: Flat bread or Naan, 2 tbsp sauce, 1/4 cup Kragt 2% milk mozzarella, 4-5 turkey peperoni!
  • juliejreid
    juliejreid Posts: 1
    Options
    Great idea, I'm going to have that tomorrow.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    http://csadelivery.blogspot.com/2009/08/ratatouille.html

Ratatouille (aka roasted veggies) over a slice of artisan bread or ciabatta or naan, toasted in the oven with a slice of cheese on top. YUM
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    These are great ideas. Thanks y'all!
    and sandwiches are ok, I guess I was just getting tired of my same ol turkey sandwich. I need to learn to plan ahead and be more creative I think. . . :happy:
  • Arekesu
    Arekesu Posts: 5
    Options
    My personal fave is tuna on salads. A ncie mix of spinach and greens, cucumbers, some tomatoes and shredded carrots (my favorite salad item!). Top off with a serving size of tuna (no mayo!!! you can use some virgin olive oil as a replacement if the tuna is too dry. add crasins, too, if you need more zip) and a drizzle of home-made low-fat italian dressing (or Kraft!). It's soooo yummy :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Make a couple baked potatoes the night before. At lunch, heat it up, load up with a Laughing Cow cheese (or NF sour cream), some broccoli and onion. (Whatever veggies you want, really.) Learned that at a Weight Watcher meeting once and was sooooo happy when I finally tried it. Very filling!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Use leftover shredded meat from supper to make quesadillas

Make some hardboiled eggs and use for a quick egg salad or green salad with hard boiled egg (adding eggs makes salad last me through the afternoon)

Yummy BLTA sandwich I had today: 2 slices 12 grain bread (toasted), 2 slices bacon, lettuce, tomato, 1/4 avocado -- yum! Add some fruit on the side if you want. I can't remember the calories but it wasn't bad (my food log is public so feel free to peek in and see!)
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    Lunch is hard for me too--I don't want to eat Subway all the time and I am also home for lunch and I posted asking for help too. I got some great help.

Someone said a flat out with hummus (I had no idea what a flat out was) and I got a flavored hummus-roasted red pepper, garlic and herb--add cut up veggies (red pepper, cucumber, tomato) and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or colby jack) and ROLL...It is really great and the flat outs are only 90 cal, then include veggies and cheese...LOW CAL..I have enough calories left over for some chips!!!

Another person also told me about the Progresso Light soups. I tried them once. They were good but it is hard for me to eat soup in the summer--even indoors...

I am going to keep checking back here for more ideas...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches is to scramble some egg whites, melt some reduced fat cheese into them, put on top of whole-wheat toast, whole-wheat pasta, or in a whole-wheat tortilla. Yum, yum.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I use the whole grain Flatouts or a thicker pita bread, spread pizza sauce on top, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add whatever veggies I have on hand. You can put it in the microwave for just a few minutes and voila!...you have a healthy, filling lunch!