Help me find a meal for tonight

Options
I am going out to dinner; What do you think the lowest cal meal would be. ( I have about 500 cls left)

GUINNESS STEAK & FIELD GREENS SALAD 14.00
Flank steak marinated in Guinness and spices. Gilled to perfection, adorned atop a bed of fresh, field greens, with Cashel Irish blue cheese, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and scallions.

CHIEF’S CAESAR SALAD 13.00
Hearts of romaine tossed with our Caesar dressing. Your choice of, chicken breast, salmon, shrimp, or steak. (Blackening spices are available upon request $1.00)

PADRAIG’S GRILLED SALMON SALAD 11.00
Grilled Atlantic salmon marinated in Mangers Irish Cider & citrus vinaigrette served in a tortilla bowl with fresh field greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes, roasted corn & red pepper salsa, scallions, Naval oranges, and served with tortilla strips. (Blackening spices are available upon request $1.00)

WARM SHRIMP & SCALLOP SALAD 14.00
Field greens and Bibb lettuce tossed with bacon, apples, and cider vinaigrette dressing. Garnished with sautéed shrimp & sea scallops, avocado, Parmesan crisps, and scallions.

THATCHED COTTAGE COBB SALAD 10.00
Classic Cobb salad with grilled chicken, field greens, hard-boiled egg, red onion, scallions, bacon, Cashel Irish blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes.

GRILLED WILD ATLANTIC SALMON 17.95
Grilled Wild Salmon, served with “Boxty” (traditional Irish potato pancakes), roasted asparagus. Finished with a citrus caper cream sauce.

DUBLIN BROIL 15.95
Guinness marinated flank steak, grilled to order, served with mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, finished with a mushroom demi glace.

CRISPY STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST 15.95
Stuffed with goat cheese, mushrooms, caramelized shallots, and sun dried tomatoes. Served with wild rice pilaf and finished with a natural stock reduction.

SEAFOOD PASTA 16.00
Sautéed jumbo shrimp and diver scallops in a rich Creole cream sauce and tossed with cavatipitti pasta. Served with garlic bread.

COUNTY CORK CHICKEN 13.95
Lightly floured sautéed chicken breast with plum tomatoes, artichoke hearts, zucchini, shallots, and lemon. Served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and finished with a lemon cream sauce, topped with fried capers.

ETAIN’S VEGETARIAN PASTA 12.95
Oven roasted vegetables, Cappellini pasta, tossed with 3 cheeses, in a rich roasted garlic cream sauce. Add, chicken breast, salmon, or shrimp for additional $4.00
(Blackening spices available upon request $1.00)

CURRY MARINATED MAHI MAHI 17.00
Grilled Florida Mahi Mahi filets with black pudding and mushroom risotto. Served with sautéed fresh vegetable and finished with a curry Dijon drizzle.

BROILED ATLANTIC COD 14.95
Oven broiled cod with an herbed butter crumb topping. Served with a warm new potato, asparagus, and Irish Cashel Blue Cheese salad. Finished with a Mandarin orange and shallot emulsion.

Harp Battered Cod Sandwich 8.95
North Atlantic Cod, dipped in our Harp beer batter, fried golden brown served with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, tartar sauce on a toasted artesian roll & steak fries.

Our Salmon “Burger” 11.50
A 7-ounce grilled salmon fillet, topped with thick-sliced tomatoes, lettuce, bacon and honey-mustard sauce on a toasted artesian roll, served with steak fries.

Jenny’s Chicken Breast Sandwich 8.95
Marinated grilled chicken breast, topped with bacon, sautéed onions Swiss cheese on a ciapatta roll, served with steak fries.

Grilled Vegetable “Burger” 10.50
Grilled asparagus, zucchini, squash, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and mango, topped with a red pepper aioli, served on a ciapatta roll, served with steak fries.

Replies

• Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure what your healthiest/lowest calorie choice would be... but I do know that I want to go where ever that is!!! It all sounds fantastic! LOL
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Doesn't look like you can get out of there for under 500 Calories. The Warm Shrimp and Scallop Salad looks like the healthiest choice.

Enjoy your evening. Get back on track tomorrow. If the evening goes well you can burn off some calories when you get back.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would do the grilled vegetable burger, enjoy the aioli but ask them to hold the fries, have a side salad instead and put whatever low fat dressing they have on the side to dip.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I would say this would be the lowest calorie meal, between 400-600 calories. Stay away from the salads, because there's so many ingredients that the calories add up quickly!

GRILLED WILD ATLANTIC SALMON 17.95
    Grilled Wild Salmon, served with “Boxty” (traditional Irish potato pancakes), roasted asparagus. Finished with a citrus caper cream sauce.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Did you check and see if they have a web site for nutrition value
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Thanks! That sound like it might be worthy of a 5 hour road trip! LOL Then I will walk all over the city to help burn off a fraction of what I ate!

Have fun tonight!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    :/ Now I feel stressed out: I was looking at the PADRAIG’S GRILLED SALMON SALAD, WARM SHRIMP & SCALLOP SALAD, or Salmon “Burger” (no bacon)... I posted a topic about how boyfriends make you fat. Here is a perfect example!!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    This isnt even the whole menu.. I took most of the steak items out. Take a look at the full menu! I had thier cobb salad before (i know its not great for you) and it was the best cobb I had ever had!
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm an American so pardon my English:wink: . Does crispy mean fried? If not and the chicken is roasted, this one doesn't seem too bad

CRISPY STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST 15.95
    Stuffed with goat cheese, mushrooms, caramelized shallots, and sun dried tomatoes. Served with wild rice pilaf and finished with a natural stock reduction.

Perhaps you could ask for veggies instead of the rice. An ounce of goat cheese is about 80 calories.

Stay away from the salad in the tortilla bowl.
  • abredbenner
    Options
    duh - you are in Chicago. From the menu, I assumed you were in the UK!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    O crap! I didnt even read it was in a tortilla bowl... mmmmm now that sounds even better lol. Its an Irish place so you were not wrong in assuming that.
  • abredbenner
    Options
    What did you end up getting?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I ended up not going to that place. So we went somewhere else. I got a salad: salmon, craisins, walnuts, romaine, and a ving dressing, with a little blue cheese and 1 fry :( lol