gastric bypass,anyone?

Options
I had a gastric bypass in 2004. I weighed 280 when I had the surgery never did get under 200 pounds. Now I'm back up to 240. Has anyone else had one that want successful? I'm considering having a gastric sleeve surgery.but I'm afraid I.'still be as fast as I am now.anyone got any advice?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    take charge of your life. eat at a calorie deficit and exercise.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but surgery didn't do anything for you then so what makes you think this time will be different? Do you want to keep it off for good? Then you need to change your bad habits and create good healthy eating habits and exercise habits. This is the ONLY way to keep it off.
  • kelliroberson
    kelliroberson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm thinking. And I really am retiring to make a life style change. I just have the opportunity to get the lap band or Thea gastric sleeve and thought it might be a good idea to go along with a lifestyle change. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for replying.
  • fubuluvzcha
    Options
    I think with that its one of those you have to work even after to keep all weight off cause if its dropped too quickly it comes back just as fast. So like doing some sort of workout like cardio daily can help, a new diet might even work. I come from a family thats all obease so trying to get them to eat healthy is a challenge but my sister and i seem to be doing some motivation towards them cause they look like they are loosing weight mow. The most i can help with are ideas for recipes. I majored in culianary so i love the whole looking up stuff to see whats better and such. Dunno if that would help any. If you think it would you can always send me a mag on what you'd like and i can see if i can either find stuff or come up with stuff for you. Good luck :)
  • melmelton193
    Options
    I'm a new bypass patient (November 27th, 2012). I've had several friends/coworkers to have gastric bypass and some have gained back. Most people will gain some back because it's your body finding the right spot. BUT, you can't go back to your old eating habits. It's a true lifestyle change and most people don't understand that and end up gaining most/all of their weight back. It's also about moderation...in everything!! Good luck.. if you want to talk, feel free to add me.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Regardless what you have it's just a tool, not a magic bullet. If you don't use it properly it won't work. If you go into it with the same attitude you had last time you have failed before you start.

Why not try a forum for more info

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/
  • kelliroberson
    kelliroberson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually went into it with a good attitude and was doing great until I started having some other Health issues and want able to keepworking.but even then I didn't really start gaining the weight back until after I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery. I think I thought it was going to be a"magic bullet" and it wasn't. I do want to change my whole lifestyle and get healthier and lose weight. And I am trying.I was just wondering if anyone Slade that had a bypass ended up gaining effort weight back?