Hi All! I'm Beth!

Options
Hi! I'm Beth and I joined My Fitness Pal on the recommendation of two friends. I am 5'2" and roughly 250lbs. My goal is to lose 100lbs in two years. I want to do it for my health, but also because I want to learn to SCUBA dive, and I know that in my current shape, it most likely won't happen.

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    my names also beth and im also 5"2 :)
    good luck on your journey! feel free to add!
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello you

What sort of plan are you going to try?

It's great you have a goal, best of luck.
  • bethanypulk
    Options
    My plan goal is get my thyroid levels up to to where they need to be. I am also working on getting out and walking more. Watching what I eat, being a weekday vegetarian, cutting out sugary coffee drinks and soda, whole grains.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My plan goal is get my thyroid levels up to to where they need to be. I am also working on getting out and walking more. Watching what I eat, being a weekday vegetarian, cutting out sugary coffee drinks and soda, whole grains.

why vegetarian? meat is one if the best staples to encourage fat loss.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i am phyllis. i just sent a friend request your way.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options

I eat Paelo/primal which works great for me! Good luck to you, you can do it! You can 'friend'me but as a meat eater I may drive you crazy, haha! I have a long way to go too!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I learned to scuba dive a year after I lost 55 pounds. That's a great goal. You need to be in good physical shape, so start exercising. It's not just about weight...you could probably dive being overweight by quite a few pounds - it's not even a particuarly strenuous sport, but you need to be in good shape. It is a dangerous undertaking, so take it seriously.

Also - totally a blast. You'll love it.
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Beth and I joined My Fitness Pal on the recommendation of two friends. I am 5'2" and roughly 250lbs. My goal is to lose 100lbs in two years. I want to do it for my health, but also because I want to learn to SCUBA dive, and I know that in my current shape, it most likely won't happen.
    Ah, a very good reason to lose some weight...and I think I will add that to my list of wanna dos too...though I used to be a certified diver but have not been on a dive for a lot of years so I am sure I will need to re-certify. You can be over weight to dive but for your own good, and enjoyment, it is better to be healthier and some what thinner than I am right now it is probably the best experience I have ever had in the ocean!!! You will love it!!!
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth. I am rejoining myfitnesspal today after a long hiatus. I first joined mfp Dec 2011 & with the fantastic support of my new friends & all the wonderful features of mfp, I lost 31 lbs in 4 months. I made the wrong decision of taking a short break & it turned into over 9 months! But I had learned how to choose my foods more wisely & didn't gain any back until Christmas 2012, when I gained 8 lbs over the holidays! Luckily, I have since lost that 8 lbs, but I know I won't lose more without the amazing support found here. I am at 251 lbs today & my goal is to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. Be my friend & we can encourage each other along the way. :flowerforyou:
  • bethanypulk
    Options
    Beth, Elizabeth, or Bethany?
  • bethanypulk
    Options
    You can be over weight to dive but for your own good, and enjoyment, it is better to be healthier and some what thinner than I am right now it is probably the best experience I have ever had in the ocean!!! You will love it!!!

I'm not doing it so much for the weight as I am for the fitness aspect.
  • bethanypulk
    Options

I eat Paelo/primal which works great for me! Good luck to you, you can do it! You can 'friend'me but as a meat eater I may drive you crazy, haha! I have a long way to go too!

I will friend you, and it won't drive me crazy. I've been on again/ off again vegetarian for some time and I prepare it for may family and may even have some bacon now and again.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    re the thyroid, if your meds are right then things like kelp and coconut oil can support it.
  • bethanypulk
    Options
    why vegetarian? meat is one if the best staples to encourage fat loss.

Honestly, I just like it. I'm doing it more to get fit than to lose weight, though I do want to lose 100 lbs (45.35 kg) to be around 150 lbs (68.03 kg), and see where I can go from there.
  • bethanypulk
    Options
    Oh! and I am going to sign up for the Electric Run 5k and use the Couch to 5k app.
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi welcome beth
  • Swtdreamer
    Options
    Yay signing up for a running program! Hi Beth! I'm also a vegetarian and an avid runner, feel free to add!