Help!!! Losing the last bit of body fat (female)

Options
Hi There,

I'm 20 years old and on a 12 week lifestyle challenge. I am currently sitting at 17.2% body fat. I'm 151cm and weigh 49.5kgs.
I work very hard in the gym. I'd say I gym on average 6 times a week, this includes 1 hour cardio and between 45 min to an hour of lifting and plyometric exercises.

My diet is pretty clean. I don't really count my calories, but usually my in take falls at around 1400 calories. I eat a lot of protein and try include some with every meal. I'd say my ratios are about: 45% protein, 35% carbs and 20% fats.
I am eating 5 small meals a day of which my 2 snacks are weight control shakes, they have a lot of protein and are 200 kcals per serving.

My bf% seems to be stuck at 17.2% I know this is quite good, but I am really going for the fitness model look.
Any ideas how to decrease it further??

Replies

• gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Your stats are similar to mine :) I'm 153cm, 49kg and 20% BF trying to get down to 15%

I'd say start counting your calories. I know it sounds tedious but that could be what's holding you back it sounds like you aren't eating enough. At you size you should be netting at 1200 a day and no lower. So if you're eating 1400 and then subtract all your exercise, you'll find you're netting well below 1200.

Start eating more and counting calories and it could be exactly what makes the difference in shifting the last of it.

Good luck!
  • kirzz92
    kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you are right, I sometimes burn around 1000 calories a day! that basically leaves me with a net of 400! sometimes less.

What I meant by not counting my calories was that I add them into mfp everyday, so i know how much i have eaten, but dont have a specific goal in mind, so if i'm hungry. I eat. :)

Thanks for the advice :)
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow that is extremely low to be netting at! I could almost guarantee that's the cause of your plateau... I used to only eat 1200 and then exercise on top of that and not eat back my exercise calories and my fat loss very quickly stalled..As soon as I upped my calories to the right amount, it started coming off again :)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    increase calories. 2000 a day would be adequate for your acticity level.
  • kirzz92
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Gonna def increase my intake!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...12 week lifestyle challenge...

What happens after that? (I like to make new goals once I achieve the old ones so I'm just curious...)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Even when I was super hardcore ballerina, I always thought my BF% should be lower too. Though it didn't help to be in a ballet studio with a bunch of Asian girls & the only one with a booty.
    It could just be that your body wants to stop there because that's what feels like it needs to be healthy, & 17% is pretty lean anyway. Now that I'm being able to work out & be active again & try to go *mostly* to where I was before, I honestly don't even think I'd want to go below 17%, just because I know how my body was when I was that way, & I also remember how my body was when I was less, & that wasn't good.
    Exercise at that level is definitely key though. That's what's going to get everything as toned as possible.
  • kirzz92
    Options
    Well :) It's the usn 12 week challenge, so you sign up and they support you etc..
    I took on the 12 week challenge to motivate myself, i have started countless healthy sprees that have lasted a month and faded away. By doing the 12 week challenge, it ensures i stay 100% focussed for 12 weeks, i'm on my 7th week now and for the first time in my life am seeing this as lifestyle and not a diet.
    Once the 12 weeks are over, i will continue exercising and eating correctly :) I'm in love with this new way of life :)
  • kirzz92
    Options
    I get what you are saying!! :)
    However, I still have a lot of fat in certain areas, so I'm not so much interested in getting the number to drop, more for the fat to disappear. lol!
    Wish i knew how to post a pic, would be easier to explain... any ideas??