What to do with flu?!?!

Options
Hi,

I am currently suffering with a cold/flu. I feel super run down, tired and I ache and no, I haven't just got back from the gym!

I don't know what to do, should I increase my food intake until I get better or stay at 1500cal/day . I'm not sure what to do, I want to get better fast, but I don't want to risk my weight-loss efforts so far by eating-through my cold.

Please help. I'm feeling miserable

Replies

• toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So sorry you're feeling sick! If I were you I would put aside calorie counting just eat sensibly until you feel stronger. I'm not saying a runny nose is a free ticket to eat a chocolate cake, but you need to relax and rest and focus on getting better.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I was sick last week, I postponed strictly counting calories and stayed away from the gym from Sunday to Sunday. Rest and get better, don't get other people sick.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Carry on eating at 1500 calories but if you genuinely feel like you need more, then have more but don't go crazy (although there's no biological reason why you would - generally your appetite lowers when you have a virus). Also, food with plenty of nutrients is best anyhow (veg, fruit etc) as sugary, fatty food will just make you feel more sluggish.

And not being picky but, you definitely have a cold rather than flu (if you had genuine flu you wouldn't be able to get out of bed let alone switch your computer on and have a conversation).

Hope you feel better soon.
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    And not being picky but, you definitely have a cold rather than flu (if you had genuine flu you wouldn't be able to get out of bed let alone switch your computer on and have a conversation).

Not necessarily true, just saying.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eat at sedentary level and take the time to let the flu pass. Take care of yourself with lots of fluids and soup
  • Kate_Brown_123
    Kate_Brown_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank-you all for the advice, I am going to listen to what my body tells me and stock-up on nutrient rich foods!

It's nice to have your support x