Insanity

Options
I just did the Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circut dvd...how should I post that in my exercise diary??

Replies

• Tobygirl
    Tobygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Insanity workouts also! That is a great question. Yesterday was my first day using this site and I posted the Cardio abs DVD under cardio because I was definitely huffing and puffing during it.
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    I just started insanity 2 days ago. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I've been logging it under high impact aerobics. If this is not correct, I'd like to know also.
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would suggest investing in a heart-rate monitor that calculates calories burned during workouts. There are some that are not too expensive and they are definitely worth the purchase. Calories burned in a workout like Insanity are so variable depending on the person doing the workout, how hard you push, if you complete the entire workout or not...it's just way too difficult to get a ballpark estimate. Good luck with Insanity though! They're great workouts and you'll see awesome results!!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Oh man...isn't Insanity wild? I've gone through a full round of it and use it often in my P90X hybrid!

As for logging the workouts, I tend to create one specific to the actual DVD and use my HRM to calculate my calories. If you don't have a HRM while doing Insanity - YOU NEED ONE!

Good luck and let me know what you think and how you fair through it. If you have questions on the program, give me a shout.

Taryn
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This beachbody coach and I post it under Calisthetics (push ups, sit ups) vigorous effort. I have a HRM and it comes pretty close to what is posted there depending on how hard you work out. Hope that helps!
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WHOO HOOO.....I am feeling amazing today....DID my MAX PLYO....kicked it...had a ton of energy left, so hit my new bench of upperbody cardio......I wish I could go like this every day.....But I WILL do only my recovery day tomorrow....

Keep Digging EVERYONE...we have bad days ( i had 2 on mon/tues) but really you can bounce back.....
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    I seriously love Insanity! I started a while back and then got hit with this horrible cough and was out of commission for 3 1/2 weeks (seriously the longest I have ever been sick!) so I started back up yesterday and it went well!

Thanks for all the comments!
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WHOO HOOO.....I am feeling amazing today....DID my MAX PLYO....kicked it...had a ton of energy left, so hit my new bench of upperbody cardio......I wish I could go like this every day.....But I WILL do only my recovery day tomorrow....

Keep Digging EVERYONE...we have bad days ( i had 2 on mon/tues) but really you can bounce back.....

I bet you posted this in the wrong thread!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    We have a thread going called Insanity? part 7 started by ripely36 and it is very informative, encouraging and fun! Anyone doing Insanity PLEASE come join in! There are some just starting, some doing their second round and some doing hybrids of Insanity with another program mixed in!!! My suggestion until you get a heart rate monitor is list it as high impact aerobics except for recovery days list it as low impact aerobics!! Hope to see ya on the other thread! And yes asm2260 posted on the wrong thread, she mistook this Insanity post for the one I am inviting you to!!! Have fun and as ShaunT say's Dig Deeper!!!