30 day shred?

Options
What do I type up in excercise for 30 day shred? As it hit training not sure what it comes under?
Thanks joe

Replies

• meganhat1
    Options
    I asked that very same question today, i tried every combination I could think of and still got nothing. Hopefully somebody on here knows what to do.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I think most people log it as circuit training.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Best if you measure your burn with a heart rate monitor but before I got one i used to log it as circuit training. Hope that helps

Sarah
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and approx 150lb. I wear an accurate heart rate monitor with chest-strap, and for Level 1 of 30DS, I burned 160 cals on average for the 20-minute workout.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the circuit training gave too high of a calorie burn. Get a heart rate monitor you can find em pretty cheap. I was around 160 lbs when I did the shred and I burned anywhere from 150 to 180 cals depending on the level and how much effort I put into it that day. Once you find out how many calories you burned you can create an exercise for it
  • OkRebeccaJay
    OkRebeccaJay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log it with my HRM, which will differ from person to person. I am on D10 L1, and so far I have burned anywhere from 122 - 126 cal/ session. I am 5'10" and weigh 236lb. eeebee says that she burns 160 at 150lb/ 5'4" so probably the most accurate thing to do without heart rate monitor is use those two figures, take a stab at where you think you would be in relation to those two sets of stats and take an educated guess. Or get a HRM and know for sure! :p hope this helps
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would log it in as Circuit Training. I do not have a heart rate monitor yet, but would love to have one! I have to log the 20/20/20 mix (I do in a class at my gym) in as Circuit Training. Good Luck!
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log it in as circuit trainig as well. Here is a calorie burn chart though, for nearly EVERY activity you can think of....even butchering meat

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php....
  • lisarfrank
    Options
    Heart rate monitor will be your most accurate reading.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM. I'm 5'6 and 140lbs. I burn between 160-180 calories for level 1 and 220-240 for levels 2 and 3.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training. I really need to invest in an HRM.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I log it as 10 minutes strength and 10 minutes circuit training, both found under cardio
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I use a HRM!! I am 31, 124 pounds, 5'1, and I burned around 240 w/ level 1, 260 w/ level 2, and 225 now in level 3.
  • beenerc
    Options
    I log it as circuit training and I wear my Polar HRM.
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was using MFP's Circuit Training calculations until I got my HRM. MFP was roughly 30-50 cals higher. I'm 5'3" 170 lbs and burn between 220-235 cals according to the HRM for 27 mins which includes warm up and cool down.