Hellllllllllllllllllp xx

Options
Well i really am having a **** time with this at the moment, even though I excercise every day I have gained 13lbs since christmas day, but now i have admitted i have a problem maybe i can sort it out, feels like i'm in AA lol. my junk food intake has spiralled out of control, lets hope now i've shared that it will come back down, I need at least 10lbs back off in 4 weeks thats my goal, any words of support would be gratefully received xx :sad:

Replies

• lesterj64
    Options
    Well, you're not alone! I'm sure you know that! You can do it! Be patient! One day at a time! And if it doesn't work out one day, don't beat yourself up about it, just move on to the next day and start again.

I wish I listened to my own advice.

Good luck to you! Wish you the best.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    YOU EXERSISE EVERY DAY BUT EAT JUNK??!!

There's your damn problem, lady - you need slapping right into shape!!!

Weight loss is 90% diet!! no point doing the 10% exercise if the 90% is all f*cked!!!

firstly, head home and empty your fridge!! all the bad stuff that your gonna feel about eating - throw that *kitten* in the bin!! if you don't youre gonna eat it!!!

if you eat it out the bin - you maybe beyond help!!!

so yeah, empty your cupboards and fridge - head the supermarket and fill it with fruit, brown rice and pasta, vegetables and other *kitten* you ALREADY KNOW YOU SHOULD BE EATING!!! this *kitten* ain't rocket science, woman!!

You need to take control and get your mind right, sort your eating habits and once you stick to it for a few days, you'll be burning all kinds of FAT and looking better and better!!!

take photo logs to track your progress. dont use the scale - they are unproductive and most importantly WRONG!!!

Drink water!! tons of it - if you havent been for a wee in the last hour, you aint drinking enough of the stuff!!

go for it harder than ever from RIGHT NOW becasue in a months time you wish you started being better today...
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've done exactly the same, put 11lbs on, but I've reset my ticker and everything, and started a fresh yesterday, feel more motivated now, you can do it :-)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's your food intake that's making you put on weight, you know that you have to sort that out first. Ditch the junk and get organised. Cook yourself healthy meals and take your own lunches when you go out. Ten pounds in 4 weeks isn't realistic, if you've done this before, you know that already. Don't let it slide or more weight will inevitably pile on. I know it's hard, I've been maintaining for January, one pound on one pound off in a cycle but I am determined that this year I will lose the last 30lbs or so and get where I want to be. You can do this but it needs to be a permanent lifestyle change not a crash diet.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Weight loss is 90% diet!! no point doing the 10% exercise if the 90% is all f*cked!!!

firstly, head home and empty your fridge!! all the bad stuff that your gonna feel about eating - throw that *kitten* in the bin!! if you don't youre gonna eat it!!!

so yeah, empty your cupboards and fridge - head the supermarket and fill it with fruit, brown rice and pasta, vegetables and other *kitten* you ALREADY KNOW YOU SHOULD BE EATING!!! this *kitten* ain't rocket science, woman!!

You need to take control and get your mind right, sort your eating habits and once you stick to it for a few days, you'll be burning all kinds of FAT and looking better and better!!!

take photo logs to track your progress. dont use the scale - they are unproductive and most importantly WRONG!!!

Drink water!! tons of it - if you havent been for a wee in the last hour, you aint drinking enough of the stuff!!

go for it harder than ever from RIGHT NOW becasue in a months time you wish you started being better today...

I'm not sure if this is motivational or scary!!! You're certainly dedicated!

I subscribe to the "everything in moderation" school of thought. I do eat chocolate and other stuff that could be considered "bad" but I do this within the constraints of my calorie allowance. I exercise too.....I lose about 1 lb a week which I'm happy with because it means I can still have a little bit of what I enjoy :-)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Well i really am having a **** time with this at the moment, even though I excercise every day I have gained 13lbs since christmas day, but now i have admitted i have a problem maybe i can sort it out, feels like i'm in AA lol. my junk food intake has spiralled out of control, lets hope now i've shared that it will come back down, I need at least 10lbs back off in 4 weeks thats my goal, any words of support would be gratefully received xx :sad:

If you're not logging absolutely everything - do that now; good or bad. I find that helps to put a stop to that kind of spiral. If you're really struggling, start with trying to maintain, and gradually add in a calorie deficit. 10 lbs in 4 weeks is quite an aggressive goal, although you may lose a good chunk of water weight once you get a handle on things.

Try and plan your day's intake, and pre-log your meals so that you feel more structured. Not that you can't deviate from that, but it should help to have a good plan in place. You don't have to switch to 100% "health food" if it doesn't suit you. Start by meeting your calorie goal, and go from there. You want this to be sustainable. If you don't think you can live off only brown rice and steamed vegetablesm then don't restrict yourself to that now. Find what works for you. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Wow. As I read that I could just hear you shouting. Perhaps cut back on the exclamation marks, swearing and capitals?

OP, you know where you are going wrong, you just need the willpower and motivation. Cut back on the junk food and go with the 'everything in moderation' rule. I find preparing, shopping and planning meals in advance helps.

Good job on the exercise - keep that up.

You can do it. :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if this is motivational or scary!!! You're certainly dedicated!

I subscribe to the "everything in moderation" school of thought. I do eat chocolate and other stuff that could be considered "bad" but I do this within the constraints of my calorie allowance. I exercise too.....I lose about 1 lb a week which I'm happy with because it means I can still have a little bit of what I enjoy :-)
    lol... me too. No slapping into shape required here!
  • LaurLaur09
    Options
    Take a breath and have a sit down with yourself. Look in the mirror and remind yourself why you began the journey to start with. You can do this. Tell yourself the truth, for instance, you will not lose weight constantly. You will fall and have to push hard to get back up. You will hurt and sweat and cry! But you WILL be proud of yourself in the end as long as you never, ever give up. Your journey may take time but everything worth having is worth fighting for. Be a fighter! You're capable of more than you know. Show yourself what you're made of. :heart:
  • aaiokeefe
    Options
    Hi All

Well it all comes down to what you put in your mouth. And how you look at it?

If you were getting ready to go out you would put alot of thought into it "YES"

Well do the same when you go to put something in your mouth?

Stop, Think and say to your self "Will eating this make me look good in what I wear?

And if the answer is No, Then just say "No" And put it back.

Cheers Andy
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    In all honesty if you are eating all this junk food and you know it's bad for you and you know it will ruin your weight loss goals and your health goals, then you really are not serious enough with yourself about changing your life. You have to be 100% dedicated to changing your lifestyle in order to be successful. Eating "junk" from time to time may be okay, but really for me, if I start to eat junk one time, I begin to crave it more and more. If I eat healthy and make good choices, those cravings start to go away.

If you REALLY want this, you need to make some changes and take it seriously!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was caught in this same trap...exercising daily but not really watching my diet...then i changed and started the DASH diet....8#'s lost in two weeks...with just changing my diet! It doesn't matter if you stay in your calorie goal (although does help) what really matters is what you eat in that amount...Your body will take the unhealthy food and store it as fat...no matter if your in your caloric range or not.....

I challenge you this week to eat lots of non starchy foods, no potatoes, rices, pastas, sugar, refined junk and fill your plate with healthy lean meats, veggies, greek yogurt and protein!

You can change your problem quickly for a long term solution!
  • kandyhoward
    kandyhoward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every day is a chance to start over and get it right. Actually, every minute is as well. When you make a mistake or don't get the results you wanted, take a look at what you're doing and where the problem is. Is it in your diet? Are you tracking your food intake? Are you getting enough exercise in? Drinking enough water? I'm just at the beginning of my weight loss journey so I'm no expert, but I know that you have to stay focused and motivated. You know what to do. You just have to do it! And you CAN do it!
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options
    Hey thanks, i know you are right and it is just a blip, i don't normally fill myself up with junk just having a bit of a tough time with my emotions at the moment. Ans age thing i think. now i've accepted the tough times and opened up today has been a much better day. 22 years ago i weighed in at 250lbs and i'm nowhere near that now so I do know how to do it, its just hard to keep it up all the time. Anyway Junk has gone and healthy food and thoughts returned. xx
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options

• Teresaannhunter
    Options
    Take a breath and have a sit down with yourself. Look in the mirror and remind yourself why you began the journey to start with. You can do this. Tell yourself the truth, for instance, you will not lose weight constantly. You will fall and have to push hard to get back up. You will hurt and sweat and cry! But you WILL be proud of yourself in the end as long as you never, ever give up. Your journey may take time but everything worth having is worth fighting for. Be a fighter! You're capable of more than you know. Show yourself what you're made of. :heart:
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options
    I do tell myself quite often why i've spent my entire adult life on some kind of diet or another and i don't really like the fat me very much so remind myself of that. but when you have to watch your food intake constantly it does get quite hard xx
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options
    Hi All

Well it all comes down to what you put in your mouth. And how you look at it?

If you were getting ready to go out you would put alot of thought into it "YES"

Well do the same when you go to put something in your mouth?

Stop, Think and say to your self "Will eating this make me look good in what I wear?

And if the answer is No, Then just say "No" And put it back.

Cheers Andy

Thank you I think your advise is good xx
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options
    Every day is a chance to start over and get it right. Actually, every minute is as well. When you make a mistake or don't get the results you wanted, take a look at what you're doing and where the problem is. Is it in your diet? Are you tracking your food intake? Are you getting enough exercise in? Drinking enough water? I'm just at the beginning of my weight loss journey so I'm no expert, but I know that you have to stay focused and motivated. You know what to do. You just have to do it! And you CAN do it!

Thank you you are right i do know what to do, I lost 100lbs in 1991 and have kept most of it off, sometimes its just a struggle, I wish you well with your weight loss journey xx
  • Teresaannhunter
    Options

Hey thanks, i know you are right and it is just a blip, i don't normally fill myself up with junk just having a bit of a tough time with my emotions at the moment. Ans age thing i think. now i've accepted the tough times and opened up today has been a much better day. 22 years ago i weighed in at 250lbs and i'm nowhere near that now so I do know how to do it, its just hard to keep it up all the time. Anyway Junk has gone and healthy food and thoughts returned. xx