weight loss tablets.

Options
Hi I'm 5ft 2 and 121lb now. I'm looking to lose another 6. I'm all for the healthy eating and exercise which I do anyway but I was just wondering if there are any herbal tablets or something that could give me a boost on my metabolism. Any ideas??

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Not really. Good old fashioned cutting calories and maybe a little exercise is all you need.

No pill you take is going to make you skinny if you don't create a calorie deficit in some manner.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That depends, are you averse to occasionally sharting yourself?
  • Jadetaft
    Options
    Yes I'm definitely adverse to that and as I said in my previous post I calorie hence why I'm on here and I exercise everyday I just wanted to know if there us any herbal remedy I can take that will supplement what I'm doing and maybe help me along the way.
  • Jadetaft
    Options
    *I calorie count
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

This made me laugh so much!!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you can take that will increase your metabolism, the main ingredient in "weight loss tablets" is caffeine. There are good herbal supplements you can take though that helps your body work better, providing you with vitamins and minerals that you can't get from food (unless you eat a lot of it).

Ecgc - green tea, which is a potent antioxident
    Alpha lipoic acid - another antioxidant which helps body to fuel muscles efficiently.
    Chromium picolinate - helps control blood sugar levels (this is effective for pre diabetics and those suffering from metabolic sydrome, which I am)
    Calcium and zinc
    And if you're not taking Berocca now, do it!! It contains soo much good stuff that cost's a fortune to buy separately.
  • TigressPat
    Options

lmao
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They don't work. Diet an exercise are the ONLY ways if you are looking to lose fat.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm definitely adverse to that and as I said in my previous post I calorie hence why I'm on here and I exercise everyday I just wanted to know if there us any herbal remedy I can take that will supplement what I'm doing and maybe help me along the way.
    no.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Lifting has an "after burn" effect.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Baha!
  • kimberly728
    Options
    The multivitamin (GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Energy and Metabolism) that I take helps give me the extra boost I need throughout the day. It does not help you in actual weight loss as it is multivitamin first and a metabolism boost second. when i forget to take it, I can definitely feel a difference. maybe this will boost your metabolism enough to push yourself just a little bit further than usual.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're looking for a supplement, not a miracle weight loss pill. If that's the case, and I hope it is, I'd recommend a daily multi-vitamin or at least a B complex vitamin for energy. I also drink a lot of tea...I like to mix green tea (sooooo good for you!) with flavored teas to keep it from getting boring :) The tea helps me feel full and fends of cravings. These things won't make me lose weight faster, but they help keep my body in a happy place that helps prevent me from eating a bunch of crap and gaining as as result.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I got a book from the library that is called Metablic Advantage, it says to take fish oil supplements to increase a 440 calorie burn weekly. It's suppose to increase your metabolism along with protein supplement, green supplement (veggies), take creatinine and one other thing-I can't remember. Along with heavy workouts.

While I continued reading about the fish oil supplements, it said to take 6-10 capsules a day. There is no way I would be able to get those down with all of the other vitamins I have to take.

I wonder if it works. Have you tried fish oil supplements?
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I take B12 for extra energy before a work out and drink brewed green tea first thing in the morning which is supposed to help wake your metabolism.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Increasing muscle mass is really the only thing that will make any noticable difference in your metabolism.

Pills don't work... and just because it's "herbal" or "natural" etc doesn't mean it's good for you.
  • EveryNameWasTaken
    Options

omg LMAO!
  • nodellsj
    nodellsj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump to all of the people saying take a multivitamin, you should be taking one anyway. i don't know about for weight loss, but fish oil does aid in digestion, and in muscle growth aka faster muscle healing after weight lifting, and increasing your weights is a great thing to do if you can anyway, if not up your reps and youll def see a difference.
  • Julesconan
    Options
    There are weight managment supplements (healtheries) on the market that contain a microscopic amout of nicotine and other substances that are supposed to decrease your appetite, and aid metabolics, personally, I would just drink green tea with each meal and carry on as you are, the last few pounds always seem to be the slowest, also lower sodium intake.
  • Jadetaft
    Options
    Green tea seems to be the overall favourite and has come up in numerous post so I think I'll have one of these in the morning :) and yes I'm looking for a supplement not a miracle weight loss pill I know that don't exist