Are these good numbers....?

Options
Afternoon everyone!

Well I have to say that I am very happy that I have lost 8 lbs. in 30 days of which MFP has been part of for 3 weeks now along with my daily Insanity workouts plus walking, etc. making my total weight loss of 45 lbs. in 10 months . Now just measured myself a month ago and re-measured on Monday when I started month 2 of Insanity and saw the following results:

Chest - lost 1.5 inches
Waist - lost 2.5 inches
Hips - lost 2 inches
Thigh - lost 1 inch
Bicep - lost 0 inches

When I share this with people they are like oh good but in that kind of way that tells you "is that a good thing or not?" :huh: ...:sad: So I myself don't know if these are decent numbers but I DO know that a loss is a good thing and clothes are fitting loser so I guess I just need a reaffirmation that for a month of workouts and eating right those numbers are a good start.

Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Inches lost are a better judge of fitness and weight loss than actual weight. You are trimming fat, and muscle weighs more. Always go by how your clothes fit, not the scale!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Averaging around 2 lbs a week is great and all the other weight you lost?? Keep it up you are doing great!!!!:bigsmile:
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    I agree with others here, go by the way your clothes fit and how you look and feel, NOT the numbers! I have a crappy cheap weight scale and uneven floor surfaces...so I can only judge by if the scale is going down not up! My bra size went down also....YEAH for me!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Yeah I know we should go based on clothes and not scale but those numbers mean a lot to me. But there is no question or doubt about my weight loss numbers...just the inches part. But all is well and I will keep losing :bigsmile:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You should be happy with those numbers! Thats awesome. Stick to yourself and this website for support. Most people in your normal life have other things going on and just brush it off. I dont think they mean it but if its not happening to them most wont make a big deal.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    In a month, girl? That's great! :happy: Keep it up!
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think it is awesome! Keep it up!!!!!
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    those numbers are not only good they are great!!!! Im so proud of you. Keep going chica!!!! :)
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Right!!! If your noticing in your clothes and getting compliments thats awesome!!! Plus inches are awesome too! The scale yeah everyone worries about number but its always going to change on us specially during that time of the month you know:grumble: ?? Your doing awesome!!! Keep losing :bigsmile:
  • msciccone1
    Options
    those numbers are not only good they are great!!!! Im so proud of you. Keep going chica!!!! :)

Awwwww thanks!!! Will keep pushing! :happy:
  • msciccone1
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone and yes I do believe others are not going to be as supportive because they are not in the workout mindset, etc. I don't even want to think of T.O.M coming but yes those days are tough. I will continue pushing through and working out harder :bigsmile: