Re-posted only 10lb to lose - anyone have experiance?

Options
Hi, In my profile pic I am 12 pounds less than I am now, I wan to get back to this weight in time for my holiday in April.
I am on week 6 of 16.
I need 1700 cals a day to maintain (im 5'3") so im eating 1200 cals a day at the mo in the hope ill lose 1lb a week.
I know I need to have a deficit of 3500 cals a week to lose 1 lb a week.

Any one else already slim but have few pounds to lose?

The reason I want to lose weight is to get rid of some of the fat on my stomach, hips, thighs and chin :)

May be worth mentioning that I have a desk job and log all exercise.

Is 1lb a week reasonable? If any has done the same sort of thing when did you notice a difference?

Thanks

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is probably too much when you only have 10lb or so to go. You might actually lose faster set for 0.5lb a week.
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 10 pounds and my goals are set for a 350 cal deficit per day, but that's mostly because I need a little more energy than usual seeing as I had a baby 3 months ago and it can, frankly, be quite exhausting at times ;) Also, I'm not in a hurry. I just want to have dropped the weight l before summer. Now I'm 149 pounds at 5'8 and I think 135-140 would be good for me :)

I work out about 3-5 times a week and using an HRM I get a pretty accurate idea of how much I burned, but I don't eat the calories back.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I had 15 lbs to lose. It took me a total of 2 months and I went from 156-142 (14lbs), and I had to work my *kitten* off for it, with an enormous amount of cardio and some strength training. Some weeks I lost more than 1 lb, some weeks - I lost none. I actually did the 1200 calories as well. It can be done, but there are far easier ways.

ETA: I ate exercise calories back (a good portion of them, at least) My profile is open and you can go back in my calendar and take a look if you like.
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually have lost 58lb and have another 10-15 to go. I want to get to 140-145. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and had just recently added in weight training. However, Because I havent lost for nearly 4 weeks, I think I'm going to go back to all cardio until i lose the rest, then I will add the weights in. I do cardio 5 days a week for 45min.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!