Cake Mix Cookies

Options
FluffnStuff
FluffnStuff Posts: 387
1 packaged cake mix (any flavor)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
Frosting, optional

1. Combine cake mix, eggs, and applesauce in a large bowl. Mix until completely moist.
2. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are brown (on light mixes).
3. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes. The frost, if desired.

Replies

• ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Do you have the nutrition info for these?
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've never even thought to do this before - definitely going to have to try it!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Do you have the nutrition info for these?
    Depends on the cake mix and how many cookies you make with it.
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time. I use my son's snack size applesauce. :)
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    how many calories? i know depends on what you buy for cake mix n such but how do you determine what the nutritional values are for this? sounds yummy will have to try! how big do you make the cookies?
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I used to make homemade oreo cookies like this at a restaurant I worked at...would make a cream cheese filling and put the two cookies together but now with watching my weight I would use a light cream cheese icing
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Can you guesstimate how many cookies it makes and about how big you make the cookies? Just wondering.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There is nutrition info on the cake mix boxes.... just figure that out and add the eggs and applesauce, divide by how many cookies you end up with.
    I saw a youtube video of someone making these- look great!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When my kids were younger we made cake mix cookies alot. The kids could do by themselves........so easy and the varieties are endless!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the eggs are not necessary. Applesauce alone will make it happen, so will canned pumpkin (one can). so will diet soda(one can).
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    the eggs are not necessary. Applesauce alone will make it happen, so will canned pumpkin (one can). so will diet soda(one can).

Use the whole can of soda, like you would with a cake? or should maybe only half the can be used to make the "batter" thicker??
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Sorry, spaced this entirely.
    I haven't had a second to figure the calories....I will try to remember to do that ASAP.
    I have made the pumpkin w/cake mix and the soda w/cake mix before and it's good..... but my daughter doesn't love the pumpkin after taste.
    I got about.... 15 cookies out of my batch. They were good sized though.

OH! I forgot, you will want to press the shaped dough on the cookie sheet with a cup dipped in flour. This will give you a flatter cookie. I haven't tried it without pressing them..but assume they would be "blob" cookies.