Zumba

Options
Ok so i have been gone for a while and i know i have gained a few but i am starting zumba tonight if anyone wants to join on in, that would be fantastic, i ordered it online, yay, what do you say peeps anyone wanna start a challenge with me deosn't have to be zumba could be anywork out?

Replies

• aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    wow i guess no support here i guess ill do it on my own
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba twice a week for about three months and I have not lost any weight. I enjoy the class, but it hasnt done what I had hoped. My legs are a little more toned, but my big issues are belly and arms.
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    really and you know i just got in in the mail yesterday so i was going to do it twice a week and to jillian michael 3 times a week. just so i don't get bored, i bought it because a friend said she lost 20 lbs doing it. well thanks for posting, i was begging to think i was on my own.
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What Jillain did you get, because I just got the 30 Shred and I'm starting it today. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    What Jillain did you get, because I just got the 30 Shred and I'm starting it today. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

burn fat boost metabolism but i have 30 day shred also.
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    I ordered the Zumba and can't wait to get it. I love dancing and this looks like so much fun. I've even taken to watching the infomerical just to keep motivated. LOL
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I got my dvd's a few weeks ago. My age and health, I can't really keep up but I love trying!!! I figure even if I can't do the really fast ones, I still am burning calories. I sweat like crazy just doing the easy ones. When I get out of breath, I take a break. If I can't do the dances they are doing, I go to the ones I can.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba regularly at my gym, and I burn anywhere from 600 - 700 calories in an hour. I think, like anything, the more intense you work at it, the better your results..

I love it as a workout because it doesn't feel like I'm exercising... It's just FUN!! Good luck to you!
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    im going to do it tonight with my hrm and see what calories get burned
  • villars2
    villars2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    zumba is great at our local YMCA...! its fun do dance with a group as opposed to your own living room, the room is filled with energy and lots of calories burning!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I start back to my classes in June.