30 Day Shred! Help!

Options
Hey guys,

I just completed level one and I took my measurements + updated photos..
The result is so disappointing..
Not only I didn't lose anything, I gained half inch around my waist..! + 2 lbs on the scale !
How is that even possible..?
My tummy looks more bloated in the after photo..
Thighs, back and other areas look exactly the same..

I was also walking/running for about 45-60 minutes..
Calories around 1300 (I used to eat way less before and I increased my calori intake)

What is wrong with me? I feel like crying because I'm working really hard and my body looks horrible..!

Replies

• FluroFaye
    Options
    Increase your calories again. You're not taking enough in.

For lazy days where I do nothing but sit on my *kitten* I average at 1400.

For my workout days I average around about 2000-2100

Is it possible you are just bloated right now?

Measurements taken yourself aren't always accurate. Post the photos on here and let us see?
  • nano83
    nano83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories again. You're not taking enough in.

For lazy days where I do nothing but sit on my *kitten* I average at 1400.

For my workout days I average around about 2000-2100

Is it possible you are just bloated right now?

Measurements taken yourself aren't always accurate. Post the photos on here and let us see?

I'm shy I can't post my photos :(
    I feel what I'm eating is more the enough, I'm not starving at all & I'm full of energy..
  • deniseandjelich
    deniseandjelich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Not only I didn't lose anything, I gained half inch around my waist..! + 2 lbs on the scale !

Calories around 1300 (I used to eat way less before and I increased my calori intake)

What is wrong with me? I feel like crying because I'm working really hard and my body looks horrible..!

Be patient, i did the same thing. The pictures i took at the end of level 1 looked exactly the same and my weight went up as well. I just finished level 2 last night, i weigh the exact same as when i started, however i have lost inches big time. Trust the process , hope this helps :)
  • nano83
    Options
    Be patient, i did the same thing. The pictures i took at the end of level 1 looked exactly the same and my weight went up as well. I just finished level 2 last night, i weigh the exact same as when i started, however i have lost inches big time. Trust the process , hope this helps :)

Yes! That's a big relief .. Thank you!
    I will wait :(
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Do not despair. Please be patient. It took me almost 4 months of healthy eating and daily exercise before I started losing weight. Do not give up. You will be healthy !
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    im only on day4 level 1 so i cant really comment but i do trust the process have to say i think perhaps you need to reassess the diet side of things as that can really balls up your progress from what i hear from others

just stay with the programme i know its hard but i think you will really regret not sticking with it
  • nano83
    Options
    Do not despair. Please be patient. It took me almost 4 months of healthy eating and daily exercise before I started losing weight. Do not give up. You will be healthy !

I really hope so :(
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I hear your pain. Trust me, it is not possible you're eating enough. Minimum you should be eating is 1200/day. MINIMUM. If you're doing 30day shred, you're using at least another 300. Still, you only eat 1300. You're in deficit, big time. Plus, you say you've upped intake already, which makes me believe you were in ever bigger deficit for quite sometime before this. You may feel energised, but it seems like your body doesn't not agree at all, doesn't it? I am no expert, all I know is I only started losing weight and trimming down when I started eating properly and listening to what more experienced people were telling me. We have been drilled for years, with the idea that to lose weight you need to not eat, I know. It's scary to munch away. I can't promise it will work for you, but if you're willing to give it a try... It has worked for me, FluroFaye, and a few more thousands on this site and everywhere around the globe.

Use this calculator, this is what Insanity people recommend: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/. MPF tools are very inaccurate, everyone around here knows that. Set your goals manually and stick to them.

I hope you see results soon, all the best :)
  • nano83
    Options
    im only on day4 level 1 so i cant really comment but i do trust the process have to say i think perhaps you need to reassess the diet side of things as that can really balls up your progress from what i hear from others

just stay with the programme i know its hard but i think you will really regret not sticking with it

Maybe I'm eating less..but I think overall my diet is fine..
    I'm eating healthy!

Although I didn't lose weight and maybe gained a few..
    My overall fitness level is much better..I can a notice a big difference..
    before 30 day shred, I can't do a single push up, but now I can do them all without stoping..
    I also noticed I can run longer..
    before I barely run 3 minutes.. Now I can pull it up to 8 minutes..
    Physically I feel great, full of energy...

It's just I'm so desperate to see a little tiny bit of loss.. I really want that so bad..
  • nano83
    Options
    I hear your pain. Trust me, it is not possible you're eating enough. Minimum you should be eating is 1200/day. MINIMUM. If you're doing 30day shred, you're using at least another 300. Still, you only eat 1300. You're in deficit, big time. Plus, you say you've upped intake already, which makes me believe you were in ever bigger deficit for quite sometime before this. You may feel energised, but it seems like your body doesn't not agree at all, doesn't it? I am no expert, all I know is I only started losing weight and trimming down when I started eating properly and listening to what more experienced people were telling me. We have been drilled for years, with the idea that to lose weight you need to not eat, I know. It's scary to munch away. I can't promise it will work for you, but if you're willing to give it a try... It has worked for me, FluroFaye, and a few more thousands on this site and everywhere around the globe.

Use this calculator, this is what Insanity people recommend: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/. MPF tools are very inaccurate, everyone around here knows that. Set your goals manually and stick to them.

I hope you see results soon, all the best :)

Yes true! when I looked at my fitnesspal history, some day I go with 500 calories ! sometimes 800
    But now I'm eating 1200-1300 for about two weeks..
    I will give it a try since this whole thing of eating more is the only thing I hear everywhere I go!

Thanks my dear :)
  • takemetothepub
    Options
    Ten days is no time to be saying it's not working. Do it for two months and then wonder if it's not right if you're not seeing results.

Stick to it for the long haul, do not expect miracle results really really quickly or nine times out of ten you'll just be disappointed.

Just keep going and keep taking the photos :)
  • krystal_black
    Options
    In my personal experience the first go around with 30 day shred I did not loose very much at all and overall in the 30 days i lost 3 lbs and 2 inches. I am repeating this time and stepping it up no breaks and heavier weight I am alternating between 8-15lbs depending on my body and what I can handle (remember no injuries I was using 5-10 my first go around listen to your body) I am also doing each level itself for 30 days I am on day 15 of level one and have lost about 5lbs and overall 41/2 inches. I also add in cardio 3 days a week and additional ab and strength routines as well. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies and protein to help with muscle regrowth and I eat back some of my exercise cals. This has been helpful for me personally. Just stick with it dont give up. In the words of jillian results dont come for free. You can do it. Fell free to shoot me a request im here anytime.
  • nano83
    Options
    Ten days is no time to be saying it's not working. Do it for two months and then wonder if it's not right if you're not seeing results.

Stick to it for the long haul, do not expect miracle results really really quickly or nine times out of ten you'll just be disappointed.

Just keep going and keep taking the photos :)

Yeah I'm very disappointed, so mad, and feeling down right now...
    I will give it more time because I have no choice .. NO GIVING UP
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    can i ask...
    how long did it take to put your extra weight on?....Do you REALLY think it's coming off in 10 days? :ohwell:
  • nano83
    Options
    In my personal experience the first go around with 30 day shred I did not loose very much at all and overall in the 30 days i lost 3 lbs and 2 inches. I am repeating this time and stepping it up no breaks and heavier weight I am alternating between 8-15lbs depending on my body and what I can handle (remember no injuries I was using 5-10 my first go around listen to your body) I am also doing each level itself for 30 days I am on day 15 of level one and have lost about 5lbs and overall 41/2 inches. I also add in cardio 3 days a week and additional ab and strength routines as well. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies and protein to help with muscle regrowth and I eat back some of my exercise cals. This has been helpful for me personally. Just stick with it dont give up. In the words of jillian results dont come for free. You can do it. Fell free to shoot me a request im here anytime.

Thank you :)
    I started 30 day shred with a high expectation because of the before and after photos I saw..
    And I was so motivated to do it, I really pushed myself like never before..
    High expectations always lead to disappointment hahahahahahah
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yessss don't give up!!
    I'm on day 21, have done 10 at level 1, 10 at level 2 and now on 3...I weighed in after 10days and gained 1lb!! I have been consistantly losing weight for months so that 1lb of gain I know is my muscles holding onto water to repair themselves - I am now not going to weigh in for 2 week til I'm done with the 30DS :)

I have also gained an inch on my waist and hips in those first 10days!! again, might be down to water

BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP...AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU :)

Everyone tells me I'm more toned so somethings working.

We can shred it :-D

Keep it up! :)

Ruth
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You're only 10 days in. It takes a long time. I know it's frustrating, but realizing now that it's going to take a long time to see results will benefit you along the way. In 8 months I've lost 27 lbs. That averages out to 3.3lbs per month, but there were lots of weeks that I gained, stayed the same, lost a little, lost a lot, etc. Just keep going :)
  • nano83
    Options
    can i ask...
    how long did it take to put your extra weight on?....Do you REALLY think it's coming off in 10 days? :ohwell:

I started my weight loss journey almost 4 months ago, and the results are very disappointing ..
    I started 30 day shred because my other cardio workout didn't work..
    I know nothing comes fast or easy or free..But I'm really working hard..

I've always been overweight even when I was 6 months old hahahahahaha
  • nano83
    Options
    yessss don't give up!!
    I'm on day 21, have done 10 at level 1, 10 at level 2 and now on 3...I weighed in after 10days and gained 1lb!! I have been consistantly losing weight for months so that 1lb of gain I know is my muscles holding onto water to repair themselves - I am now not going to weigh in for 2 week til I'm done with the 30DS :)

I have also gained an inch on my waist and hips in those first 10days!! again, might be down to water

BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP...AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU :)

Everyone tells me I'm more toned so somethings working.

We can shred it :-D

Keep it up! :)

Ruth

That's good to hear... Thanks!
    I won't give up .. hopefully I read this post soon and laugh..
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience as you. After seeing some amazing progress pictures on here I felt really disappointed when my body hadn't changed at all half way through 30DS. I started level 3 last week and finally I lost an inch from my belly. Keep it up. It will pay off in the end!