Insanity and Weight Loss

Options
Hey everyone! So I am writing this post because for the past 5 weeks, I have been doing the insanity program and want to know how it helped others. LIke how much weight/inches lost, what your caloric intake was, calories burned during each session, etc. i want details people! lol. I have been doing the workouts exactly according to the calendar but haven't seen a ton of weight loss yet. Granted, I am just now getting into the max cardio stuff. But my eating has also been pretty horrible. UGH! so it's super discouraging since i'm working so hard with the workouts. Anyone who has any feedback about their progress, results, etc. please let me know!!! :) It would also be cool to be able to occasionally chat about how the program is going for everyone.

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the program as described, but I'm doing a couple of the workouts a week as part of my rotation. I love them and hate them, lol, they're a great challenge!
    But my eating has also been pretty horrible.

This is going to be your downfall, then. I'm sure your fitness has improved by doing the workouts (yay!) but weight loss won't happen unless you're creating a caloric deficit, and that generally boils down to how much you're eating. I can't see your diary, but if you're tracking your food properly, adding your calories burned with your workouts, and eating your required net (i.e. eating back your exercise calories but not going too much over), then you should be seeing results. You can totally bust your a-s doing your Insanity workout but if you're blowing your calories then don't expect to see much in the way of weight/inch loss.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Ya can't out-exercise a bad diet! Trust me, I speak from YEARS of experience!!!
  • ruby72288
    ruby72288 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can totally bust your a-s doing your Insanity workout but if you're blowing your calories then don't expect to see much in the way of weight/inch loss.

Totally true. It helps to hear that though.
  • ruby72288
    ruby72288 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    also, anyone with a good heartrate monitor, let me know the calories burned during each workout please :)