Shakeology

Options
Has anyone tried Shakeology? If so do you like it? Does it actually "help" with the things listed? Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and did not care for it. It's like $120 + for a bag. It most certainly did not taste like a chocolate shake. While it does contain lots of nutrients, it contains many nutrients which the average person does not even know about. I think you can get way more bang for your buck with just eating healthy food.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It works if you want to spend your life drinking very expensive shakes. It doesn't teach you how to eat properly and will probably leave you feeling very unsatisfied once the honeymoon period of infatuation with your new diet trick wears off. You can eat some real food for the same calories.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I'm eating crow and ordered a bag. I'm going to try it for a month and if I don't like it I can return the bag for a full refund less shipping.
  • angelacarmela0830
    angelacarmela0830 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I just wanted to see if it was even worth it. I like to make shakes for breakfast so I didn't know if I should just have gotten a bag of that stuff.
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I believe the product works! For it's price, it totally delivers the value. It's been my breaksfast since July last year! :)
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I loved shakeology when I was ordering it, I had energy, my digestion was better, cut my appetite, kept me full!!!! I invested in a Nutribullet a few months ago, so I stopped ordering shakeology. Basically the fresh produce I buy to make my nutriblasts every morning are about what a bag of shakeology costs, it's just a matter of what you want.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Drink Shakes for the rest of your life.....seems unrealistic to me. People lose weight everyday without eating some crazy fad..
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think it's great. The old formula tasted like chocolate covered fish that had been laying in the grass, but the new formula is great. Yes, you still need to eat healthy and no, you don't just want to stop eating food. Sometimes I use it as a breakfast replacement, but I like to use it more when I'm craving something sweet because its way healthier. I figure it's worth the price because I don't have to by all the separate things I normally get vitamin wise.
  • violinkeri
    Options
    IMO, its a huge waste of money. its very expensive. take a multivitamin and drink a protein shake and save hundreds of dollars.

my coworker uses them and she says they dont taste good, she always has to add coffee or PB or fruit to them to make them tolerable. I buy the big tub of the target brand (market pantry) chocolate flavor whey protein...16 bucks and it lasts much longer than just a month. it tastes great just with milk, but you could blend in anythign else for other nutrients--my fave is a frozen banana to make it like a smoothie!
  • crawford1285
    Options
    I was really skeptical at first because it's SOOO expensive, but once I realized how much I was spending on lunch everyday at work, I realized that $4/day would actually save me money! It also helps take the guess work out of choosing what to eat for lunch. Being able to try out some of the recipes that come with the bag helps mix up the flavors everyday.

I think it just depends on you. I have a hard time eating foods that provide the nutrients that I need because I'm a picky eater. Finding something that I feel like contains everything I need makes it worth it for me.

And if you don't like it, you can always send it back. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Why anyone would want to drink their food is beyond me. That's what you have teeth for and why food is there to eat.

And it doesn't teach you a thing except how to make a shake. Waste of money.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like it. Too each their own though. I find that it is worth it. Its not something you need to use for your whole life, so the person who said that is a re-re who knows nothing about the product. I prefer the green berry over the new chocolate. It works great for me because I have to leave for school pretty early and get the baby changed and fed before I go. NO product will teach you how to be healthy or how to eat right, only you can do that. If you can afford it I'd recommend it. Oh and I don't like the vegan stuff because it seperates quickly.