My first NSV

Options
I was able to squat and stand up without feeling like I was going to die.

Did it 4 times before the heart rush hit me. Very happy moment!

Replies

• kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep up the great work!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Kick the POTS! :D
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel silly asking, but there are no silly questions, right? What's an NSV? Maybe I've had one! :)
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I feel silly asking, but there are no silly questions, right? What's an NSV? Maybe I've had one! :)

Non Scale Victory - when something or someone causes you to realise how you've improved/lost.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Yay for squats and nice butts!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic...i hate squats...no matter how good they are for me....

i am challenged by them....

so I'm in awe of someone that tackles them so proactively
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! So proud of you! I know you can do this *Hugs* :bigsmile:
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Kick the POTS! :D

Do you have POTS? I have POTS!! I have not any fellow POTSy on MFP!!
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Emma-Yes, I have POTS. Glad we found each other!!!

For those that don't know. I have something called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardic Syndrome. It is an autonomic nervous system disorder that causes my blood pressure to fall at inappropriate times, my heart to race at inappropriate times, and all around feel lousy most of the time. When a 'normal' person stands up from squatting or sitting, their blood stays in their legs for a millisecond, and then the ANS compensates by constricting the blood vessels to return the blood pressure to normal ranges. Anyone with POTS, our ANS wires have gotten all crossed and are sending mixed signals, so when WE stand up, our blood stays in our legs, and the blood pressure in our brain stays low, sometimes low enough to cause fainting. THIS is why being able to do 4 squats without passing out is a absolute major victory.

I'm so happy I could cry....or take a nap! LOL
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options

For those that don't know. I have something called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardic Syndrome. It is an autonomic nervous system disorder that causes my blood pressure to fall at inappropriate times, my heart to race at inappropriate times, and all around feel lousy most of the time. When a 'normal' person stands up from squatting or sitting, their blood stays in their legs for a millisecond, and then the ANS compensates by constricting the blood vessels to return the blood pressure to normal ranges. Anyone with POTS, our ANS wires have gotten all crossed and are sending mixed signals, so when WE stand up, our blood stays in our legs, and the blood pressure in our brain stays low, sometimes low enough to cause fainting. THIS is why being able to do 4 squats without passing out is a absolute major victory.

That's even more impressive!!! Way to go!!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

I feel like every work out is a battle to stay upright :) But I know the more I battle through now the better I will feel in a couple weeks! About a year ago I had exercised enough that I could manage my POTS symptoms without any medication!! Now I am powering through the next couple months to reach that point again....pregnancy really messes up my POTS,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!