Insanity

Options
I' am going on day 17 of insanity & now a spot on my right knee hurts and my left ankle... what should i do? I wanna finish and get to day 60 but now i have a set back ..

Replies

• Anafviertons
    Options
    if its serious pain, i would go get it checked out. If not, just keep it at youre doing great! all of my muscles hurt right now im only on day 3! just do it on your own pace :)
    good luck.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Shaun T won't jump out of the TV and beat you if you rest for a day. I know the program says 60 days, but a lot of people take rest days and stretch the program out.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yeah thats true.. i think the day 15 fit test is what messed me up by jumping around so fast!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Yes. Take a day off. You don't want to make it worse
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options
    Yeah thats true.. i think the day 15 fit test is what messed me up by jumping around so fast!

I rolled my ankle somethin fierce during the Heisman sequence...BE CAREFUL!!
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I really like the workout... is there any sort of vitimin or supplements i should be taking ( I started drinking shakeology everyday for proper nutrients)
  • jcfromtb
    jcfromtb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stretch really good and ice everything down after your next workout. I started experiencing shin-splints at about day 45-50 and had knee tenderness during the entire second half, so I know what you're going through.

You may want to skip your next plyo workout and substitute with something with less impact on your joints, maybe pure cardio or the ab/core video. That way you're at least doing SOMETHING.

Good luck!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options
    I really like the workout... is there any sort of vitimin or supplements i should be taking ( I started drinking shakeology everyday for proper nutrients)

When I did Insanity I drank After Glow recovery formula (from GNC) after. It really helped with the soreness. It's a little pricey but it was worth it to me.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am on day 31 of Insanity! A couple of things that helped me as I went through my growing pains.
    * Drink lots of water- dehydration can make you more sore
    * Drink some type of recovery drink (I usually make a whey protein smoothie with FF milk after I finish my work out)
    * Your shoes! Make sure that you have good shoes, not running, jogging or walking shoes but aerobic exercise shoes- good sturdy soled shoes
    * If you need to do knee lifts instead of frog jumps, slow down and do those- don't push it to the point you hurt, just keep moving!
    * If it hurts to do level ones, do a couple then stay on the ground, stretch up on your knees, then do your push ups and 8 count run in place (again, just keep moving!!!) Build up to what you can do!

If you want to friend me, you may :-) Good luck to you!
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I also have Turbo Jam i can pick up on if this gets me hurt too bad..
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I should probably check into shoes.. i have a pair of running shoes... not aerobic shoes but havent been using my r unning shoes i've been using my shoes with an uneven bottom its circled off and the edges dont have much support which makes sense to me
  • mgarcia843
    Options
    I did Insanity for a while without the proper shoes and I ended up with a nasty knee sprain. Definitely follow the advice posted about shoes. Also if you really want to avoid missing a day just take it slower. When I would have aches and pains sometimes I would do every other rep or something like that, still moving but at a slower pace.

Remember the workout is 60 days, but there is nothing to stop you from doing it again after your first 60 days. Then you can see how much you've improved at the end of 120 days :)
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I think i'll get a new pair of shoes right after work! i really wanna complete this! you have no idea.. i took it slow yesterday so im gonna have to take it slow today and suck up what i didnt burn. I'm not the most coordinated but i average at 400-425 cal burned from insanity a day... Yesterday i only burned 300 and its all i could do with my knee & ankle.

Thank you everyone for your help i appreciate it so much!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think i'll get a new pair of shoes right after work! i really wanna complete this! you have no idea.. i took it slow yesterday so im gonna have to take it slow today and suck up what i didnt burn. I'm not the most coordinated but i average at 400-425 cal burned from insanity a day... Yesterday i only burned 300 and its all i could do with my knee & ankle.

do yourself a huge favor and go to a running store and get properly fit. You might be purchasing shoes that are not the correct fit for your foot. I have a neutral foot but for 3 years were purchasing "cool looking" shoes that really were make my foot pronate. $120 later my feet have never ever felt better. Best part no Shin Splints when I run all from those stupid shoes ughhh!
  • mgarcia843
    Options

If you get down think of it this way, if you sprain an ankle or knee you'll be burning 0 calories for a while. So stay positive even if you only burn 300 calories :).

Just keep at it and you'll feel better, which is all that really matters
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Right now i have easy tone shoes on http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Womens-Easytone-Reeinspire-Toning/dp/B003GDJP9A/ref=sr_1_19?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1360770306&sr=1-19&keywords=EasyTone and the bottoms are kinda like this so i can see the uneven balance.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

do yourself a huge favor and go to a running store and get properly fit. You might be purchasing shoes that are not the correct fit for your foot. I have a neutral foot but for 3 years were purchasing "cool looking" shoes that really were make my foot pronate. $120 later my feet have never ever felt better. Best part no Shin Splints when I run all from those stupid shoes ughhh!

Only do this if you are running. Running shoes are meant for running, not Insanity, P90X, or any other program like them. A lot of people do Insanity barefoot.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Aerobic shoes would be best but getting fitted would be even more proper right? i cant do insanity barefooted i may need a better mat considering im doing it on a concreate floor with a weather rug on it so the landing isnt exactly the best either.
  • melendez8188
    Options
    If you are not using a "jump mat" I would certainly recommend it. I was diagnosed with planter fisciitis and my right knee would give out on me while going up stairs after completing month 1 of Insanity. Purchased the jump mat did Insanity Recovery for two weeks then got back into the fight. I have had ZERO problems with my feet/knees from that point forward.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    i have some sort of mat but its really flimsey and from jumping on it .. its falling apart