Losing weight after pregnancy

Options
Hi all!

I joined MFP exactly a year ago and lost 20 pounds before finding out I was pregnant. I tried sticking with it throughout my pregnancy, but quickly became overwhelmed. I even deleted my friends list hoping "doing it on my own" would help. It didn't and I gained 60 pounds! Now, I have all this extra weight to lose and no MFP support team!

Please feel free to add me! Prior to getting pregnant, I was logging constantly and doing everything I could I offer support. I'm excited to get back into it!!

Replies

• Danipri22
    Danipri22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just sent you a request. My son is 5 months old and I have 40lb of baby weight to shift :(
  • elslil
    Options
    Hi, my baby is 7 months and I have 30lb to lose. Have just added you!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My "baby" will be three in March and I'm currently working down from a weight that was higher than my highest pregnancy weight. Congrats to you on getting started now and not three years from now!
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My son is due in March, and I will be ready to join you in losing weight after he is born!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!!

Bumping for more :)
  • CDNgirl37
    Options
    Oooo please add me! I don't know how to send friend requests as I just joined yesterday. I had my baby in November 2012 and need to lose weight before our wedding reception in May! I could definitely use some motivation from people in a similar situation. Do any of you know any baby friendly exercises?
  • sexypr1ncess
    sexypr1ncess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you can add me!! my newest is almost 8 weeks old and i am trying to fit into all my pre-pregnancy pants! i just started insanity and i will need some encouragement!
  • jkchecca
    Options
    hi all! i will be right there with you. my second is due march 21st and i will be looking to get the lbs off! i gained 60lbs with my first and when he turned 5 months i found out i was pregnant again...so needless to say i never lost the baby weight. it will be a long journey getting back to pre pregnancy weight...but MFP is awesome and totally holds me accountable (most of the time!)

best of luck to you all...feel free to add me!!
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am worried about the same thing! I had lost 26 lbs. Gained 10 back because I needed to, I was small for my height. Well, now I am due June 24th and so far I have gained 19 pounds, but let's be honest my weight gain will increase being I am only 25weeks. Anyone near my due date, please feel free to add me. Once I deliver and get my clearance at 6 week check up, I am back to my weight loss goal!
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on the site and have a 14 week old. I have 7 lbs left to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I only gained about 21 lbs but I started off overweight, so I really would like to lose about 45 lbs. I'm sending you a friend request. Anyone here breastfeeding? I am :smile:
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My oldest will be 3 on the 21st and my LO is 2 months old. I've got about 35lbs to lose
  • JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi :) I didn't have 'baby weight' but I gained 10lbs between each pregnancy so I started off my current pregnancy 20lbs heavier than I used to be. I am due in May with my 4th baby and will be working my butt off to lose. My goal is new years to reach my goal weight. Anyone is welcome to add me!