Mother, looking for others who aren't crash dieting

Options
I'm 30 years old, married mother of 3. I joined MFP at the beginning of year and today marked my 40th day!!! I'm a nursing mom, and have to find a balance of healthy foods and calorie intake. I'm getting annoyed with some of my "friends" who eat 500 calories of crap food all day, and log washing floors as exercise. I want people who are trying to lose weight in a healthy way that can encourage each other. My diary is open and hoping to find more friends with open diaries to help in my journey.

Replies

• chantelivingston
    Options
    HI! I'm a mother of 1, and I am also nursing, trying to reach my 1yr goal. Nice to know there are other woman nursing but still trying to be healthy. I can't guarantee I won't have some ice cream here and there, but I work my butt off when I workout. I'm pretty sure my diary is open, but I only have 1 entry so far. Hopefully we can both reach our fitness goals.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish. I never log my housework as exercise although I do find it mildly amusing when I see others do it. I am a work in progress. I am older than you, but I am a mother of 2 and I am doing my very best to eat better (my diary is open to friends) and exercise more. Although the pizza and cheesesteak still sneak in now and again, I am trying to be better about making sure I am having my protein, fats, dairy, fruits and veggies every day. Some days are better than others, but I did warn you that I am a work in progress. LOL! I am always happy to welcome others to join me as we journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2.. not nursing lol... but Peopel who eat 1200 and under annoy me so feel free to add me! :)
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm a mama of one who is also breastfeeding, trying to hit my goals by my daughter 1st birthday! I am into changing my lifestyle not crash dieting. Do I eat junk sometimes? Yes, but I get up the next day and do better.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mum of 2 - my son is 3 and my daughter is 1. I work part time as a teacher. I've logged on consistently for the past 230 days or something. I workout 5 or 6 times a week, and I never log cleaning as exercise :laugh: Although I do a LOT of hoovering and picking up of toys, as you can imagine! I eat 1500 calories a day, no crap. I have one 'cheat' meal a week. So far I've lost 60lbs (25 of those whilst on MFP) and lots and lots of inches. I've got around 12lbs to go and some serious toning!

Feel free to add me.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What a lovely picture of you and your baby! I'm not a mom but I hope to be someday. I'm not crash dieting though, so feel free to add me and read my diary--though it probably has more red wine than you are enjoying these days :)

Good luck--a 500 calorie diet of anything certainly doesn't sound healthy!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Open diary.

I do eat junk food, sometimes more than I should, but I still try to stay near or just under my daily calorie goal.

I don't log exercise since I'm doing the In-Place-of-a-Roadmap, so my calorie goals are around 1640 a day.

1 kid, but he's 5 :) work full time.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 5. I'm nursing also, but my "baby" is 2. :) My diary is open for friends, but I'm FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from perfect. I don't log housework though... but I have a view on it: if it's something they didn't do before trying to lose/get fit, it counts. If they were doing it while getting fat, apparently it didn't help. I did housework while getting fat, so I don't log it.

anyway... imperfect mom of 5. I eat. Often too much. I have binge issues related to emotions. I am way imperfect. I have bouts where I don't log my food even though I'm online... just because I get really busy and sidetracked.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am actually trying to eat about 1700 calories a day but fall short sometimes. I am a SAHM of two (ages 5 and 3) and working on eating healthy to lose weight rather than crash dieting. I am slowly getting back into working out after many stupid surgeries the past three years (all thanks to a young woman who was texting). But whatever... I am working on me. I want to teach my daughter to be happy with WHO she is no matter what size she is - that being healthy is the most important thing not the size of clothing.
  • mom23girlstoo
    mom23girlstoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too am a mother of 3 girls. Feel free to add me - my diary is open as well!

Love to be held accountable and do this the right way!

I have set my calorie intake at 1200, but if I'm over a little each day I'm ok with that!

I work full time at a sit down job, and my commute time is long. I too only log "cleaning" as an exercise if it was truly more than the typical cleaning of my house (which doesn't happen too often). I recently started the Couch 2 5K program and do that on my lunch hour 4 days a week. Trying to fit more weight training & strength training in to my day.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two boys (craziness to say the least), I will admit, I have a few times logged housework for exercise, but only if it's something unusually energetic. I restarted here in mid January, and I'm trying to lose weight slow and steady so that it stays off for life! This has become a lifestyle change for me. I'm actually to the point of looking forward to my next workout, which has never happened to me before. Also, my diary is open to friends. I think I need that accountability. This journey is going to be long for me, I have over 100 to lose still. I would be happy to have any sensible person as an MFP friend :flowerforyou:
  • Keeda
    Keeda Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of two boys 4 and 8. I am on daily and try to eat healthy most of the time. I believe that we can all indulge once in a while without the guilt from a dieters mentality. I love encouraging people and find that I am motivated by my friends even more. Anyone is more than welcome to friend me.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm mum of four ( not nursing). I eat at 1500 calories a day and don't tend to log cleaning as exercise - although have logged before when I've done a deep clean and gone by my hrm. Please feel free to add me.
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nursing a 4 month old here! 4 kids total (14, 5, 21 months and the new guy.) Today is my 100th day logging. My diary is open. I try to eat well, with the occasional donut. I joined a new gym and am psyched to finally be me again. I mean seriously, I've been some stage of pregnant for the last 5 years! Add me if you'd like.
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a couple kids, though I can't blame my weight on them as my youngest is almost 11 :P, never nursed, but if you would like to add me, my diary is open, and I am always looking for more friends! :)
  • Mick2929
    Mick2929 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently became a mother in June 2012. As most of you know, your body doesn't exactly go back to the way it was before you had a baby. So, I've been trying to lose weight in a healthy way since this past Christmas. I too, could use some help sometimes from motivated people who are not into crash or yo-yo dieting. I was a yo yo dieter for years and I'm not looking to go back! Feel free to add me!
  • amyncrook
    Options
    I am a mother of 5, who is on a lifetime journey to eat right and exercise everyday! I am trying to make my weight and what I look like second to health. I had my thyroid removed in March and gained 13 pounds. I am trying to lose that weight and the other 8 pounds I had before surgery. I have been trying since January and have lost 4 pounds and 11 inches (3 around my waist, etc). I have not been tracking my calories because I have done it so many times I feel I can still eat right without tracking. I did start tracking today to help me be sure I am eating my calories right. I do not believe in Crash diets or diets at all. I just try to eat healthy and exercise hard! I do eat food I like everyday so I don't go crazy! Be patient with your self and just be honest! I would also recommend not only using the scale for progress. I am not losing pounds every week on the scale, but I am losing inches, which is more important to me anyway! You can send me an invite if you want. Good Luck!
  • clarep1984
    Options
    Hi ladies I have just joined today I'm aloud 1200 calories a day can anyone recommend a nice healthy low cal meal . I have been doing weight watchers and not losing much weight . I have a 4 yr old son and a 7 month old daughter and I have lost 14 lbs so far
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I recently became a mother in June 2012. As most of you know, your body doesn't exactly go back to the way it was before you had a baby. So, I've been trying to lose weight in a healthy way since this past Christmas. I too, could use some help sometimes from motivated people who are not into crash or yo-yo dieting. I was a yo yo dieter for years and I'm not looking to go back! Feel free to add me!

I'm looking forward to losing weight and hopefully having hips, or at least a visible difference between waist and hips.

Before kid I had no shape if you looked at me from straight on.

Well, except for the clothes I've been saving probably not fitting right anymore.
  • lisarfrank
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am a firm believer that this is a lifestyle you must chose to live a long happy life. :bigsmile: