Trying a different way

Options
My friend and soon to be my personal trainer said this was a great site to keep track of foods and exercise and get support. So I thought I'd try it. I am a Weight Watcher girl so have never counted calories, couldn't even say ever how many I eat in a day. So it's a bit of a transition, but this site makes it very easy. I don't have a lot of weight to lose. I am being realistic with my age (and having had 5 children) and shooting for a weight of 130. I'd love to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 120, but like I said, realistic. I have more shifting of my weight to accomplish that the actual losing of the weight. So I'm looking to use exercise as a means to help with that as well. I never knew I had fat backs until I put on a loaned bathing suit in a friends bathroom, and apparently her mirror was lower than mine, which showed me things better left unseen. And that was the day I learned I had fat backs. And it's been my mission to get rid of them since, with no luck. I also have my kangaroo pouch from having 1 c-section and not losing my weight. So I am fairly certain I can still hide a small child there.

My biggest mission is to learn to eat better for the sake of my children. My oldest is 13, and my next one is 10. They both have had high cholesterol for 5 years. It's been determined to be hereditary, but they can't eat the things other kids can regularly or they will need to go on medication. My other 2 children are 8 and 4, but their cholesterol is fine thus far. So I need to learn how to eat better and be healther so I can be a good role model for them.

So I look forward to meeting people, and moving right along and out of these big pants.

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined a few months ago and have loved what this site has to offer. Once you start entering foods you will be amazed at how much they add up! For me it was a real eye-opener considering what I used to eat, lol
    Good luck !!
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you with us! Sounds like you definitely have the right sort of motivation.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good reason to get healthy. Good luck with your goals you can do it. You get used to (at least I did) counting your calories. :smile:
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    for lowering cholesterol I found out that if an adult takes minimum 1000mg of OMEA #3 FISH OIL pills it can help lower cholesterol AND will help with weight loss, energy, mental health ..all sorts of things. My oldest daughter 47 is a personal health fitness trainer and my youngest daughter is a RN going for her NP degree..they told me this and so did my NP at my health clinic ....for other good info, advice, and tips...check out the website for the ALLI program ..that's how I got started on my weight loss...also the ACAI weight loss pills and power cleanse .....they all seem to have good info for healthy diets and recipes, etc. This web site is good also. :-)
  • allred_76
    allred_76 Posts: 5
    Options
    I utilize this site but I still keep track of my points! I use this to track and find the calories, but there have been days I have used up all my points but still had a lot of calories left over.
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi there! You're not alone - I only have 2 kids but am in a similar situation. Yah, don't know if the pouch will ever go away after a c-section????? Mine doesn't seem to have changed much but would be nice to look better in a bathing suit (I've got the fat back going on too)! I've found that this site has really shown me the grazing that I do each day (I'm a stay home mom) and how much of the kids stuff I really eat. I have to be careful to log every bite or at least lump it together with something else so the calories are recorded. It's made a difference though and I've taken my husband with me on it. Good luck and hope it helps you and your family! Friend me if you need support :smile:
  • emttori
    emttori Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!! I graze all day too, one of my biggest problems. I took a bite of my husbands cookie, just one bite on Monday night, but felt like I should record it. I had a couple of my sons fries today, so I put that I ate 1/4 of a serving. I am trying to include everything but it gets hard when I am not near the computer. I do find I am too lazy sometimes to log on, so I just don't eat that bite. LOL