breakfast?

Options
so I never really eat in the AM. I never have, well not since grade school. so middle school, high school, and now i dont eat breakfast....all my friends keep tellin me I need to eat in the mornings to boost my metabolism, so should I force myself to eat in the mornings? will I get used to it after a while? so my ideal breakfast since i get up get ready and go to work (so its quick) is greek yogurt and fruit or one or the other....

Replies

• calisunrise
    Options
    if you don't feel like eating breakfast, then don't force it. whatever works for you
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I spray a pan with olive oil spray and take 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters and season it with a little sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder and fry me an egg and serve it on 40 calorie wheat bread with 1tbsp of mayo. Doesn't take long at all and very filling! I have it almost every morning! :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, not sure if it's absolutely necessary to eat breakfast if you're not getting hungry however it is good for fueling you from the start of the day, gives you a boost in getting through your day. As for metabolism I have no idea, I didn't eat breakfast for years and it didn't seem to affect my weight loss or gains.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    it is only an issue if skipping breakfast means youre so famished that you overeat at lunch.
  • chocolateweights
    Options
    If you can't eat it can you face drinking it? Protein shake with fruit and old fashioned oats in it. You really should have something in your tummy. And yes, you do get used to it. I was never a breakfast eater, but now I am starving in the morning. It is the most important meal of the day.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    give it a try. I wasn't a breakfast eater for years, but when I actually tried it, I found that I at less at lunch.

If you find you REALLY hate it, you can always stop.
  • Terrymichelle
    Terrymichelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been doing quacker oats oatmeal. They have a package that has 3 different flavors and they are around 110 to 120 calories. I like the 40% less sugar kind. The sugar in the normal ones is INSANE! I think it still tastes great and it keeps me full until lunch time.
  • jfthomas76
    jfthomas76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I never used to be breakfast person like you but now Ieat breakfast almost everyday and I feel it has made a difference, sets up a good base for the day, it can be hard and first to make the change but I just slowly started to eat earlier and now I hate when I don't get my egg in the morning.
  • tunisia86
    tunisia86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast eater even when I was at school. he problem was I would then eat loads about 11am and ended up over weight. I've trained my body into wanting breakfast now and I do feel better for it. I need it for my morning workout otherwise I'd be so tired I wouldn't be able to work out.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    My dad and 2 of my sons don't eat breakfast. It makes them ill...I wouldn't force it.

The first meal of the day is breakfast because you are breaking your fast from over night. It could be 10 or 11 am
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i was just like you when i was in school i never at breakfast but once i started this i made myself eat it but i made the breakfast that i wanted and now im eating it everyday
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Well, in my opinion, you should never "force" yourself to eat. Ever. It's okay if you're not hungry first thing in the morning. I would carry a protein bar or something to have later on in the morning when you are hungry. I find myself not being hungry at 7 or 7:30, but famished by 10. Just find what works for you and do it.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is "breaking the fast"....your body has been fasting for many hours and needs fuel for you to start your day and kick start your metabolism. I feel soooo much better since I started eating breakfast and it also keeps me from being sooo hungry by lunch so I am not starving and wanting to eat everything in sight.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have a fresh fruit smoothie! It makes me feel great in the morning. This morning I had straw berries, half a banana, kale, water and ice! It gives me energy! I used to skip breakfast also but I have felt a million times better when I start my morning off with a clean meal. You will get used to it!
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    I feel you. I've never been a fan of eating so early in the morning, not even as a kid but I've been making an effort for the last month and I must admit that I feel that it has been very helpful with my weight loss. I don't eat lots but it's still an improvement. Usually I have a weight watchers brand bagel with cream cheese and a banana. Sometimes it's toast (very thin by Pepperidge Farm) with cream cheese (WW) or peanut butter and mostly it's 3/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios with Fat Free milk. Whatever it is, it's enough to fill me up and I don't even think about food till lunch time. Before I started eating breakfast I'd get anxious and snack on crap all morning AND afternoon. I don't do that anymore. :bigsmile: Don't even miss eating all the crap I used to eat.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    the eggs sound yummy!!! and yea i like smoothies and stuff i dont have a blender though :( Ill need to get one soon so i can make my own! and Im going to try to start eating in the morning just light and steady im eating a yougurt now probably will take me like 30 min lol but yes i usually do over eat at lunch but hunger usually dosnt hit till 1 or 2 but when it hits it hits hard.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Maybe just try something small, like a piece of fruit or some Greek yogurt. I work at 7:30, and have only coffee and yogurt before. I often have more when I come back from nay morning shift, but I'm not hungry enough to eat more than that before I go
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    it does not matter when you eat. the best way to eat is to listen to your body. if you aren't hungry in the morning, it means your body isn't hungry. it's as simple as that. there are lots of benefits to fasting as well. pretty much the only time that eating something will give you some benefits is to have protein immediately after a workout. besides that, eat when you are hungry. bottom line.
  • krisdelp
    Options
    Our goto QUICK healthy breakfast is Omelette Muffins. This makes a dozen that you can eat all week. My husband and I have made a few different flavors and have loved them all. We will eat 1-2 for breakfast. We eat them cold and warmed up. Sometimes we toast english muffins and make a sandwich. They are quick to make and you get some of your daily allowances of veggies. Enjoy!!!

In a bowl beat 8 eggs (any mix of yolks and whites if you have cholestrol issues). Chop up any combination of veggies (onions, peppers, tomatoes, brocolli), add a chopped up protein (turkey bacon, ham, black beans), some cheese ( I do 1/3 cup), spices (cayanne pepper, cumin, dill). This mix will be chunky but eggs will bake all around it. Add 1/4 cup into muffin tin ( I fill it almost to top). I have non stick pan so don't need to spray but you can use olive oil Pam if needed. Don't use paper muffin cups. Bake in oven 350 for 25-30 min. Cool 10 min then place in sealable container and keep in frig for up to a week.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think perhaps since Ive always thought i was fat I trained my brain into not eating in the morning or very much at all to be honest in highschool i was eating maybe 700 to 1000 calories a day ( I know yikes!!) but I do eat now and I know im not really "fat" but i want to be better looking so maybe if I just eat very light in the mornings ill feel better and not over eat