Body Fat Measuring Scales - Who has some and what brand?

Options
2»

Replies

• Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit's Aria wireless scale that does BF% and transmits it to the FitBit site which is linked into MFP. Mine doesn't swing widely like some of the other folks have experienced with theirs. The scale is very good. There are no "Good" BF% computations. The calipers are cheap but accuracy varies considerably based upon the user's technical skill in putting the exact same pressure onto each measuring site every time they measure. I know that I do not have the fine motor skills necessary to perform this on myself accurately. They do have calipers with an audible sound when you hit the exact pressure but they are not the cheapest. It also depends on which methodology and algorithm you use to compute the body fat.

So.... I will stick to the no brainer first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom jump on the scale thing. When I want accuracy, I will schedule a hydrotest or a DEXA scan.
  • Rachelatherbest
    Rachelatherbest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers that measures body fat pounds, body fat percentage, body water, bone density, and BMI. I think it's accurate but I have nothing to compare it to
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I just bought (copy/paste from Amazon) "BalanceFrom High Accuracy Digital Body Fat Scale & Bathroom Scale with PC Connection and Fitness Software." The reviews were decent, the price was decent, and the scale I have is old and has been moved a lot (literally, from a townhouse to our house and then from there) so I'm not even sure how accurate it is anymore. It was time to replace it so I decided to get one that'll at least give me some idea, even if it's not 100%.
  • criscollrj
    criscollrj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just bought (copy/paste from Amazon) "BalanceFrom High Accuracy Digital Body Fat Scale & Bathroom Scale with PC Connection and Fitness Software." The reviews were decent, the price was decent, and the scale I have is old and has been moved a lot (literally, from a townhouse to our house and then from there) so I'm not even sure how accurate it is anymore. It was time to replace it so I decided to get one that'll at least give me some idea, even if it's not 100%.

How do you like this scale? Only reference to it I saw on here... :) I actually just ordered as well - the price was right and I really needed to get a bigger scale that my husband can see - mine has such tiny numbers I can barely see it and am tired of analog. I don't really care greatly about the extra features -- are you happy with the accuracy of weighing, itself? :)
  • criscollrj
    criscollrj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I received this scale yesterday (above) and weighed myself three times and did get the same weight (yay!). For some reason after I did it the "fitness" way with the memory after the weight disappeared it said "error." - don't know why. i have to do more research as the instructions are not terribly detailed.

But happy it gave me the same weight three times! 6.2 pounds heavier than my old scale, by the way... and my old scale was always about 7-8 pounds off what the dr. said so allowing for clothing weight that makes sense.