Don't laugh, but...

Options
Since I finished C25k and started running 5k regularly I'm getting terribly chaffed nipples. I said don't laugh dammit!

Any advice on this? The first thing that sprang to mind was a simple bandaid but, being a rather hirsute fellow, that poses certain other problems. Anyone know any solutions that don't involve adhesives?

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

vaseline or bodyglide
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I can relate!

Bodyglide is the answer.
  • XMan714
    XMan714 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    http://www.missionathletecare.com

Try these anti-chaffe products as well and see which works best for you.
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ....I laughed a little :)
  • vogggy
    vogggy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have found that it really helps by getting a good running specific t shirt. If I wear a technical t shirt ie the ones that you would wear to the gym them my nipples are in bits if I run over an hour.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ronhill-vizion-long-sleeve-crew-top/

I wear these for anything over an hour and they are super soft and no nipple issues. I ran a marathon in october and even forgot my bad aids and no rubbing whatsoever.
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    I wear pasties!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    As a fellow hirsuit male, I have found that only body glide or vaseline works. If you have a cool-down walk after your run, take off your shirt during the walk. The sweat drying as you walk significantly exacerbates the issue.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a tighter fitting shirt that doesn't move against your skin? If it wasn't for bras I'd have the same problem. Since I'm a woman it's okay for me to wear them... but you might upset people close to you if you do the same.

Good thing you're not a woman ~ my first thought was "Are you pregnant?"

Keep on running!