Does Anyone have the BodyMedia thing?

Options
I was thinking about getting it and was wondering if anyone had and what they thought of it.

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I got mine for Christmas and I love it. I have the Link, so I can see the real time numbers on my phone, graphs and all. That is my favorite feature. It is so cool to see exactly what I burned when. I don't notice that I have it on most of the time, but if I forget it it feels like I'm missing something. It syncs well with MFP. If you have any questions about it, feel free to message me.
  • mom5jhalls
    Options
    Thank you so much! I thought it sounded great but wasn't sure. I will take a look now. Congrats on 37lbs that is awesome!
  • michelleavent1979
    Options
    I have the Bodybugg (which is by the same maker)

I love it. Takes the guessing out of what I am burning. It is NOT supposed to be submersed in water, however one day I jumped into the pool (obviously I forgot it was on, so tells you it's not a big thing) and when "OH MY!!" jumped out and took it off, and it still works fine.

I like having all the tools available to me so I can lose weight, but I am relatively new to this, (Jan 1) so ... :)
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had one (it's in my closet) and I thought it worked great. My only problem was that because of the size, it was fairly obtrusive, especially in the summer with short sleeves. I ended up switching to the fitbit, just because the fitbit was so much smaller.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of years (lost the weight but became addicted to seeing the numbers) and I love it. I have the display device so I can see my numbers in real time. I don't mind the obtrusiveness or it being seen; I either tell people it's a pedometer or a metabolic monitor. When they tell me I don't have to worry about what I eat, I answer "I do if I want to stay this way."
  • Brandy3827
    Brandy3827 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have one and I LOVE it! It syncs with my phone, so I can see my numbers as I go. It's a great motivator. Sometimes I do have trouble with the bluetooth syncing (maybe once every couple of weeks), but that may be due to my cell phone service provider. They do have a wonderful tech. support team if you get stuck. I also forget I'm wearing it. Sometimes people as what it is, and I just tell them it's a fancy pants heart monitor and pedometer.:smile:
  • jizinick
    Options
    hey guys so just pursed a bodymedia link... ive worn it for 2 days so far, i just feel like the numbers are really off. does it eventually calm down in the sense that i am obviously not burning 1500 calories when its not even on me. I think I am just a little confused.. please help with any suggestions or strategies.. thank u
  • sowenby1984
    sowenby1984 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded from the bodybugg to the Bodymedia fit core system.

@ jizinick Your body is constantly burning calories from just living, breathing etc. that is what it is counting based on your weight when it is not on your body
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    hey guys so just pursed a bodymedia link... ive worn it for 2 days so far, i just feel like the numbers are really off. does it eventually calm down in the sense that i am obviously not burning 1500 calories when its not even on me. I think I am just a little confused.. please help with any suggestions or strategies.. thank u

The device is designed to show a calorie burn for 24 hours, so it estimates the calories you burn when it's off your body based on what you entered into your profile when you set up your device. I set my activity level off body to "sedentary," so it showed a 1 calorie per minute burn when the unit was charging.

The BodyMedia learns about you and your activity level, so now when the unit is off my body it shows a calorie burn of 2 calories a minute as it has figured out that I'm moving around while the unit is charging.