Exercise Science Degree

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
So right now I am currently in exercise science degree and was wondering what jobs can I get with this? I am really not sure and am considering changing my major to nursing ~.~

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe you should have asked that *before * starting your degree, but you should probably ask someone at your school, maybe do a little online research.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    wait, you don't know jobs you can get with the degree you signed up for?
    tumblr_lgrjtgpPGG1qfabmx.gif
  • Strobins05
    Options
    wait, you don't know jobs you can get with the degree you signed up for?
    tumblr_lgrjtgpPGG1qfabmx.gif

My thoughts exactly! Good luck OP :flowerforyou:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Change your major to nursing.
  • You can join Ninerbuff and add your credentials to MFP on your posts and be our resident know-it-all too!
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Id say go into nursing.. the job prospect is listed right in the title of the degree.

J/K .. good luck with whatever you do!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe you should have asked that *before * starting your degree, but you should probably ask someone at your school, maybe do a little online research.

You and your logic. You're silly.
  • msleesha
    Options
    My BS is in Kinesiology with an emphasis on exercise physiology. You can get your teachers certification and teach health courses and do a sport or PE. You can become a personal trainer or they even have entry level Health coach positions depending on where you live. I moved forward with my degree and went to PT school, but nursing, medical school, occupational therapy, athletic training may be an option for you as well. You will have to go to graduate school though. It's very hard to finds jobs with just a BS in Exercise Science, but you can find something....just may take time. Good Luck!
  • ScratchAndSniff
    Options
    How about a Philosophy degree? You should be able to find plenty of work with that.
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Almost nothing without further education. Look into exercise physiologist. I have a bachelors in exercise science as well.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you have an exercise science degree with a concentration...maybe focus on that concentration. I too have an exercise science degree with a public health concentration and a minor in health promotion education and behavior. I just branched on from that. Pursuing a Masters in management with a health care admin specialty. Currently work in management. Looking to enter healthcare field. My undergrad and grad degree will help this. And if you decide to pursue a Masters maybe you can just start over in something else. Nursing is a great idea too!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I did exercise science as a prelude to going into Physical Therapy. Might check out that route if it sounds interesting.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a BS in Sport Management and a minor in Exercise Science. I originally just wanted to go the route of facility operations but fell in such a passion with helping people in the health and fitness field that I literally wouldn't have thought I would be making a career being the head of a personal training department. But I've loved it every step of the way! :happy: