How to stop the sore!!!???

Options
Sooooo maybe I over did it. I was on vacation from work, and I exercised for an hour everyday for 4 days.. now my abs are so sore it hurts to stand and of course I have to go back to work on Friday and STAND for 8 hours.. how do I diminish this soreness.. Laying in bed is NOT an option, as I have a two year old.. Any help?

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you do it again

no seriously. the best thing to do when you're sore is to work out again. it will make you feel better. also, a heat pad may help too.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    3 advil, hot bath with epsom salts, light exercise. Yes I know you don't want to, but you should do light stretching and gentle movements! good luck!
  • Kblack2882
    Kblack2882 Posts: 20
    Options
    Give it a few days and you will be ready to go out and hurt yourself again! Aspirin helps a little and a glass a milk coudln't hurt eitehr =P
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Get up and do it again. Take some tylenol if you need it but get back up and exercise. Do something different. You should not be doing the same thing every day. Strength one day, cardio, and always stretch at the end of it. :smile:
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    It will be gone by Friday. Take it easy tomorrow, let your muscles repair themselves, have a banana or two and some Advil. Don't "rest" too long from working out or you will start all over.
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tylenol is not helping.. I have not been doing the same workout.. but targeting the same area.. doing belly fat burn one day, then belly strength the next and then back again.. Banana.. got it, just bought some fresh from the open market today.. LOVE THEM.. I was planning on a warm bath, I wonder if my mom has epsom salt?? Hmm.. thank you all very much.. more exercise.. I'll try.. lol..
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of chocolate milk made with 1% milk right after your workouts and nothing else for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can add up to 2 tsp of coffee if you'd like a mocha as coffee is supposed to help too. But the chocolate milk is the best recovery drink in aiding muscle repairs.

Make sure you have a recovery workout after 2-3 intense workout sessions (light cardio, yoga, etc.) and 1 rest day per week.

By the way .... way to bring it! :drinker:
  • fitjay
    fitjay Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree with doing it again but working your abs every day is not good. They need a day off, just like any other part of your body. Give them a day to recuperate and then go right back at it. Keep it up and the sore goes away in no time. :)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    drink water....according to my PT(personal trainer) it flushes the lactic acid out of your body..A nice hot shower and some advil wouldnt hurt either!! GL!