Insanity!

Options
Hey Everyone! Today is day 8 in the insanity program, but attempt number 3.

I started the program twice but never really liked it as it was insanely hard. I found running which I LOVE! I actually just completed my first Half Marathon in January in Disneyland <3 Ran the whole thing, no stopping and discovered I have will endurance now. With being able to run 21km, I actually found insanity is a little easier then when I tried before. But what bothers me is that I have seen any sort of results yet.. I know I know... Its only 8 days in. But I guess im just eager. :)

Im 24, 123 lbs, 5,1 the only problem area I have is my tummy area. Its not huge either. People actually call me tiny all the time, but im sick of hearing something I dont really feel.

I am also finishing up the last 3 weeks of boot camp at our local gym here ( its only 2 times a week, which isnt bad at all) So I guess thats why im confused why im not seeing anything? Meh.

I guess im just here to vent..... Blah.

Thanks

-Kp.

Replies

• gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi luv,

Are you trying to lose weight? It sounds like you are already pretty slender. Insanity is really more of a cardio work out. I think your best bet is to do some strength training to tone your body.

Good Luck!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Though Insanity "IS" mostly cardio, it without a doubt "IS" stregnth training too. Because you only have a small amount to lose you won't have HUGE results. However, I'd be willing to guarantee if you stay at it through the hole 2 months you will get the results you are looking for. I'm guessing you want more tone and a sweet 6 pack :) Keep it up and I bet you'll get there! I've been at it 44 days now. I have a lot more to lose :( The first month I didn't lose a ton. About 11 lbs. but, I lost 2 inches off my waste and I feel amazing. I can't wait to see the end results. I have 2 1/2 weeks to go and it is all hardcore exerciese for the last month, so my results ought to be much better than month 1. Keep it up! To help you keep motivated, you may want to join up with a group of people that are doing it too. I did, and its helped me a lot.

Have you signed up to Wowy.com? Its really easy...and free. If you decide to join a thread/group, try this one out. Everyone is super nice and encouraging! -

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/257270001?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&cur=1

Under the message board tab is entitled "Starting INSANITY in JANUARY? We can SUPPORT YOU"

Good Luck!!!
  • rissa_411
    Options
    I am on my second round of insanity, the first round I only made it through the first 5 weeks, however I am now on week 6 and loving it! I didn't lose any weight the first time, but I did lose inches. This time I have lost almost 15 lbs in 6 weeks, the big difference is what I'm eating. I am sticking to my diet plan and that seems to be what helps. I have also seen a huge difference in my stomach this time. Don't know what your eating habits are, but that is what made the difference for me!

Good Luck!! :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen my friend!

ETA: Congrats on finishing your first half :)
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen my friend!

ETA: Congrats on finishing your first half :)
    ^^^^
  • luv2run10
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yea I guess im looking for to tone out, and lose a couple inches. These are my measurements from when I started.. 8 days ago. ;)

Weight: 123.4
    Left & Right Thigh: 21 inches
    Right directly below my belly button: (Problem area) 30 Inches
    True waist: 27 Inches
    Hips: 34 Inches
    Bum: 37 Inches
    Chest: 33.5 Inches
    Right under chest: 29.5
    Left and Right Calf: 13 Inches

As for food. Im not doing the diet plan that comes with insanity. I am literally eating SO much better then I used to! Im eating about 1200 a day. This is what a normal day consists of:

Breakfast:
    Quick Oats 1/4 Cup (Dry)
    Isa Pro Whey Protein: 2 Tbl Spoons
    Brown Sugar: 1 Tbl Spoon
    Golden Raisins: 1 Tbl Spoon
    Total: 158 Cals

Snack: Bag of Pre cut Apple Slices w/ 1 Tbl Spoon Peanut Butter
    Total Cals: 100

Lunch:
    Salad- 1/4 Chopped Cucumbers
    1/4 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
    2 Cups Chopped Romaine
    3 Oz Grilled Chicken Breast
    3 Tbl Spoon of Hummus
    Total Cals: 235

Snack: Chocolate Brownie Protein Bar
    Total Cals: 210

Dinner:
    Weight Watchers Whole Wheat Wrap
    3Oz Chicken Breast
    1/4 Avocado
    1 Leaf Romaine
    Total Cals: 291

Snack: 1 Bag Pre cut Apple Slices, 1/4 Cup quick Oats, 1 Tbl Spoon Raisins, 1 Tsp Brown Sugar, and 1 Cup of Lactose Free Yogurt.
    Total Cals: 198

Total Cals for the day: 1192

Thats what a normal day looks like. I have a HUGE LOVE FOR OATMEAL!! <3

So I think food is ok, I dunno. I guess Im just stressed out.. Which I shouldnt be.
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think you are eating too few calories also. I do insanity everyday and strength train with a trainer twice a week and I am supposed to eat 1700 a day and more protein than MFP says. Sometimes if you eat too little for the work you do your body will hold on to weight because it is afraid it's not going to get enough. I suggest swapping that protein brownie for something like a pb&j sandwich, close to the same calories but more natural to your system.
  • Kate_Brown_123
    Kate_Brown_123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you are eating too few calories also. I do insanity everyday and strength train with a trainer twice a week and I am supposed to eat 1700 a day and more protein than MFP says. Sometimes if you eat too little for the work you do your body will hold on to weight because it is afraid it's not going to get enough. I suggest swapping that protein brownie for something like a pb&j sandwich, close to the same calories but more natural to your system.

Yeah I agree with this ^ you're body requires a certain amount of food to function, and then extra for whatever else you burn and if you dont eat enough, your body enters a metabolis "stasis" mode. This is a bit like starvation mode, but think more like hibernation. Your body will slow down to preserve what you intake for essential organs like the brain and as much as possible of what you eat will be stored to burn later but this is BAD! I would suggest you actually increase to 1400 at LEAST. Try it for a week and see what happens. Also be careful, and if oyu are hungry or have a craving it's ok to indulge - your body is telling you something!

Best of luck! x
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a big drop in weight until the last 2 weeks. I finished 2 weeks ago.

Insanity_zpsebd3dc38.jpg
  • I lost 15 lbs in doing the complete program with a few travailing disruptions in between. Stick to your calories, and the last 30 days will do the trick.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    I didn't have a big drop in weight until the last 2 weeks. I finished 2 weeks ago.

Insanity_zpsebd3dc38.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I sure hope you're right. I kinda feel like I'm hitting a plateau. I start the last 2 weeks this coming Monday.
  • luv2run10
    Options
    You guys are all right! I need to up my calorie intake.. I upped it to 1350 from 1200. Starting slow. I also am seeing a dietician tonight.

I am excited to continue doing insanity and see the results. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!