What's your favorite protein shake...

Options
I'm fairly new to these and at the moment I'm using shakeology vegan chocolate and mix it up with almond milk for breakfast. I'm getting close to the end of the bag and I'm thinking I'm going to look for something a little easier on the wallet...what do you recommend?

Replies

• shaglund01
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein shakes from Sam's club..think you can get other places too. Where do you get the Shakeology?
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a beachbody challenge and it was part of the package...if I reorder a bag it's about $130
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for recipes? Or something to buy pre-made?
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good brand to buy :smile:
  • De7lu
    De7lu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do not know if there is such a thing, if so let me know. I generally get the large bag of frozen fruit from Sams or Wal Mart $9.00, some protein power ($1.76) and some almond or coconut milk (3.32). Total $14.10/5 days renders me a $2.82 lunch and quite tasty and filling. I do not like ice in my smoothies but I will put some honey which a bottle goes a long way. So this is not bad for lunch wouldn't you say?
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    I like Designer Protein and I also like Optimum Nutrition. I tried the double chocolate. What I did was go on Amazon.com and looked at the reviews people gave on the different protein powders. Good buys on Amazon also.
  • vb2012
    vb2012 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get mine from truenutrition.com. Undenatured, unsweetened, unflavored, so it has the least amount of junk in it. You can make your own custom mix or order a premixed one. Lots of options.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein shakes from Sam's club..think you can get other places too. Where do you get the Shakeology?

I always keep some pre-mades on hand to grab and I like Premier Protein, which is available at Sam's Club. Can't quite recall how much a 12-pack is, but it was reasonable. 160 calories (5 g carb/ 3 g fat/ 30 g protein/ 3 g fiber. The EAS Carb Advantage are also pretty good and are also available in a multi-pack at Sam's. They aren't as high in protein at 110 calories (4g carb/ 3g fat/ 17g protein/ 1g fiber) I only purchase chocolate pre-mades as I find the vanilla and strawberry to have a very artificial flavor.

Powder is a lot more economical and I also use it in some baking. My favorite are the Muscle Pharm Combat powders - lots of delicious flavors (so far, I've tried banana cream, chocolate peanut butter, orange cream and cookies & cream. Decent nutrition at 130 calories (5 g carb/ 2 g fat/ 25 g protein/ 1 g fiber) per scoop. It's around $25/2 lb. I also get Precision Engineered Why Protein Isolate from Vitamin World, which I've found to be the best nutrition-wise at 130 calories (2g carb/ 0g fat/ 30 g protein/ 1g fiber). It's more expensive and doesn't have a lot of taste - I use it as a base for smoothies with fruit and/or sugar-free syrups.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The great thing about the Shakeology is all of the other nutrients you're getting in it as well as the protein. It's not solely a protein mix.

I've used PURE protein from Walmart before. The important thing to look at is the amount of fake sugars and extras you might find in the protein shakes. Be careful of those. I think Costco has one with 30g of protein in it. Not sure of the name.