Tip for you honey.

davidk74
davidk74 Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm sure I am not the first person to figure this out but,
I recently found a honey farm close to my house that sells local honey. I decided to buy some and take a table spoon full a day for my allergies. Since I am literally in the gym about 30 min after I wake up, I didn't normally eat before my workouts. So I decided, why not tale the honey before my work out and wow. Lots of energy!! I don't run out of steam as fast.

Replies

• ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    ive never heard of that. i heard of drinking chocolate milk made with low fat milk though. i'm going to try that tomorrow. why do you take honey for your allergies? ive had allergies my whole life and really bad, and I've never heard of doing that. Does it help?
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Honey for allergies? Really?! I've heard chocolate milk is better after the gym for recovery. I like an orange and string cheese before.
  • davidk74
    davidk74 Posts: 8
    ive never heard of that. i heard of drinking chocolate milk made with low fat milk though. i'm going to try that tomorrow. why do you take honey for your allergies? ive had allergies my whole life and really bad, and I've never heard of doing that. Does it help?
    The jury is still out on the allergies. The theory is, the bees end up tracking local pollen into the honey. By eating it you build up an immunity. It has to be local, raw and un-pasteurized. I have only been taking it for a week or so. Your supposed to start 6 weeks before spring. IM not sure if I believe it but this year has been bad Ill try anything. mmmmm chocolate milk.
  • Jugernaukt
    Jugernaukt Posts: 1 Member
    I've never heard of the honey trick for allergies but I'll pass it along to my friends here and see how it goes. I live in southern VA which many people around here belief is the allergy capital of the world! We get the "yellow fog" here every spring and everyone is miserable! On the other point though, about the pre-workout nutrition. Honey is good for a quick burst of energy but a slow burning fuel is what you should be looking for. Carbohydrates are awesome prior to a workout! Keep away from the high sugar content foods such as donuts....and also stay away from the heavy foods such as pasta. If your up to it, give this a shot: Try what you would normally one day, then the following day try eating a Plain Nutrigrain Waffle or two( A bagel works too but contains far more calories) with plenty of water approximately 30 min to 1 hour prior to the beginning of your workout. Bagels have on average 250-300 cal where 1 Nutrigrain waffle contains only 70. I've experimented with different foods, but carbing up the smart way seems to be the winning combination. I notice that when I would normally feel physically spent, I feel like I've got new life in my limbs to keep truckin on! I run about 4 miles every other day and road bike 15 miles the other days and I have one waffle usually. If I'm going to push a little harder that day, I might eat two. This is directed toward those people who are trying to lose weight and are trying to keep to low cal, high impact foods.....I've lost 39 lbs so far and have all kinds of tricks up my sleeve! See what you think!
This discussion has been closed.