Fitbit Fans???

Options
Hi guys,

I've just downloaded the FitBit app to my iPhone and am now looking into getting a FitBit tracker. How much are they over there in the US?? And do those of you who have them find them useful and worth the money?

Thanks you in advance :)

x

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit one is $100, the Fitbit Zip is $60 (I have this one), and the new Fitbit Flex is also $100.

I LOVE my Fitbit Zip. I find it very useful and motivating! Totally worth the money :smile:
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just bought the one. I paid $119 including overnight shipping (because I'm inpatient :]) So far I love it. I've been using it 2 days and it's so motivating. I love that it tracks my sleep,and syncs up to mfp.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Grrrr! I really want one but I can't afford it right now. Does anybody know of a cheaper alternative. I want something to accurately track steps and calories more than anything else. I find that MFP does everything else I need.

x
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit one for Christmas and honestly think it has been one of the key motivators for me to keep working at this. Like some others said, I really love the sleep tracker (it's actually my favorite feature). My second favorite feature is the silent alarm. You can set it up to wake you at different times on different days, which I think is a neat feature and much kinder in the early morning when compared to a blaring alarm. I know you can do that on a phone, too, but since I already have my fitbit on my wrist in bed it just makes more sense to use that.

The app has a lot of info, but the fitbit website has tons more. Customizable graphs that help you see patterns in your activity levels, etc.

I don't know of any alternatives that are going to give you the features you're looking for, but if you can figure out a way to score a fitbit I say go for it!
  • campncook
    Options
    I really do like mine!
  • crubinetti
    crubinetti Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, MINE!!!!!! It was a GIANT wake up call to my percieved activity level! And super motivating.The one that doesn't monitor sleep is Zip and $60 and the One is about $100. I got mine at Best Buy. You might be able to find one cheaper on Ebay.

I would go with the Zip or the One.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    do any of you also have HRMs? Was wondering about using this in addition to my HRM, but I don't know if it would just be kind of redundant since I'm pretty stationary for most of the day. But would be kinda cool to see the cals I really burn throughout an average day...
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got a FItbit Zip on Amazon for $53 and I love it.
    The website is fantastic and syncs with MFP. It's really been amazing at showing me my true activity level. Realizing how little I actually move some days kind of upset me, but also motivates me to move more.

I overall say it was worth the price. I've been working at losing weight for a while and now I realize why the scale wasn't moving.
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4 that I wear for cardio exercise.
    When you sync Fitbit and MFP it gives you an option to log your activities on MFP with a start/stop time for your exercise so that the reading isn't redundant.

I think they are both great tools. Fitbit has really let me understand that I was greatly overestimating my daily activity.
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Question about this.....do they just count calories burned during walking? Or can they count calories burned during any exercise? Like the JM 30 day shred? Step Aerobics/Pilates etc?
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One I asked for it for Christmas and it has been attached to me ever since. I just bought a Polar FT4 as well to track my group fitness classes (it just came in the mail Monday). I failed using it the first time I think my strap wasn't tight enough, anyway... Also I wanted to add the FitBit is my savior on my rest day, I usually can earn an additional 150-200 active calories that I wouldn't have known of without it. Defin. worth the money.
  • LAD1981
    LAD1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is distracting me from work trawling through all the topic posts. I don't know if I want to buy a FitBit or a HRM..
    I do bootcamp 3 times a week, personal training (weights) twice a week and whatever other cardio/strength I feel like in between. I really want to know what I'm burning a day because no idea at bootcamp and so am guessing my calories burned..

Any suggestions for my activity levels?