Anyone 5'4" close to 40 ended up at 115-120 lbs?

Options
JAT74
JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
If you have I would be interested to hear how you did it, I want to lose 10% body fat and around 25lbs so was wondering if there is anyone out there who has done this and what you ate (carbs/no carbs?), how you worked out and how many calories you had each day?

Also how long did it take?

Replies

• JAT74
    Options
    Bump
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm only 28, but last year I lost 30# in 6 months or so. I didn't do anything special really, but looking back I think I may have been low carb a little bit because I still ate full fat dairy and everything else. I also did stagger my calories a little bit, but that wasn't really intentional or anything. So now I weigh 125#. I've still got work to do, but I didn't want to lose anymore because I really love eating a lot and trying to maintain a lower weight just didn't feel feasible to me.

I'm 5'4"
    125#
    Maintain on 2000-2200 cals/day
    I'm working on lowering my body fat % now by doing a Starting Strength Novice Program. I'm liking it so far. And I feel super powered even if my belly doesn't look exactly how I'd like.
  • JAT74
    Options
    Wow it sounds like you've made great progress. I have been down to 122 lbs before but I only ever managed to get there and stay there by eating very very low calories. I am trying to eat more and exercise more this time but 120lbs seems a very long way off! I might try going even lower carb soon but I already eat less than 100g most days. Not seen much of a change so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!