Ouch!

Options
Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
Hi Guys, I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred today and was considering moving onto level 2 today as I am feeling 100% ready to move up. I finished day 5 yesterday and in the evening, I noticed my kneee was feeling a little strange :ohwell:

I didn't put too much pressure on it and after a sleep it feels a little better...but it's still not right. :frown:

It feels like something internal is somewhat out of place and it feels very uncomfortable. My boyfriend said it is slightly swollen and looks like some cartilidge has been unsettled?! It's not incredibly painful, it's just a strange sensation when I try to put pressure on it...especially when walking upstairs!

Do you guys think I could get away with remaining on level 1 of the shred and taking things a little easier? I really don't want to miss a day of working out but don't want to risk doing further damage? Has anyone out there had a similar problem? I've never had knee problems before and I'm always very careful during the workout to make sure I'm doing all the exercises correctly.

Please help....
Thanks in advance (Don't know what I would do without MFP pals :flowerforyou: )

Replies

• bambam32
    bambam32 Posts: 20
    Options
    Get a Dr., Trainer or Therapist to look at it. We've all heard "no pain no gain" but you can overdo a workout and do more harm than good. They will probably tell you to take the easier route, apply ice and take an anti-inflamatory like motrin. hope all goes well. Bambam