Green Juice - Nauseous?

Options
I just got a juicer (yay!) and made my first green juice this morning - 2 apples, half a bunch of kale, 1 lemon, chunk of ginger, 1/2 cucumber, 1 stalk celery. I loved the taste of it - very gingery! But I only made it about halfway through the juice when I felt very nauseous and dizzy and my face felt tingly - is this normal? Should I have diluted it or something? Started slower? I was so excited to try it everyone talks about how great it makes them feel - I was sad that it made me feel awful - any suggestions? (I have been drinking green smoothies every day for a while and will continue that - I just really hate the taste of leafy greens so was trying to find a way to incorporate more veggies into my diet knowing i am not good at just making myself eat them)

Replies

• synthetiquecindy
    Options
    Hey! I noticed that I felt a little strange after consuming green juice as well so, you are not alone in that department. I added more ginger to my shake his morning and noticed that I did not get that nauseous feeling. Perhaps it is our bodies getting accustomed to the fast intake of sugars and fiber?

Either way, I am going to continue drinking them as well since I know that I do need to up my intake of fruits and veggies as well as a quick addition to my morning meals! :)