New NSV and my best tip for weight loss

Options
tpfoodie
tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
Hi All!

I won't post a picture, as it's a little personal, but I celebrated a new NSV today! My black dress slacks, size 16, are pretty much falling off of my hips. I have about three inches of wiggle room. That's great, but the timing is poor - I'm attending a professional conference in only a month and will look like a slouch in my baggy clothes!

In any case, I've seen lots of people asking for recommendations on how to lose weight. I hit a mini plateau - lost 8 pounds and then lost nothing for two or three weeks. Then, one day, three pounds fell off. And the next week, another pound.

The difference? I started drinking hot tea.

I've never been a big fan of tea, but I started drinking it in December when I was ill and couldn't keep anything else down. Last week, I started to feel overwhelmed with work and school, so I bought myself a little tea kettle and a variety pack of Celestial herbal and fruit teas. I drink tea at work, I drink it at home, I drink it literally all day. When I run out of tea, I stop what I'm doing and go get more.

I think I've been averaging 10-14 cups of water a day just because of my tea habit, and the weight has dropped off.

Keep in mind, I stopped drinking soda last year, so I don't know if that has any impact on weight loss.

Replies

• jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    As an English woman, I am so pleased you have discovered the benefit of drinking tea! Well done on your progress!
  • michellekathryn
    Options
    Its such a great nighttime snack to make you feel full and stop the grazing! I love tea. Thank you for the reminder to get it into my daily routine.

KEEP CALM and Drink Tea! :)
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip. as far as your clothes....look into consigment shops in your area. I am forever picking up Gap, Express, etc name brand slacks for $1-$8. I usually wait till the clothes his a sale, and i end up buying slacks for $1. :noway: There is a very nice consigment "boutique" they only take "designer and label cothing" and i cant afford their pricetags. I wait for the sale and get GREAT deals! usually walk out of there with $15 worth of stuff and saved like $90. i stack up on slacks, jeans, etc. the other day i even found a suit! black i think it was Express or something for like $8. :happy: i look VERY proffessional and to people who dont know me, im sure they think i spend all my money on my clothes! but i dont! ok ive ranted enough...hope it helps! good luck and congrats on ur weigh loss!!!:drinker:
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love it! First off, congrats to you. :) That's a great NSV. Secondly, I have to say that I completely agree with working tea into your everyday routine. I know we're all told that green tea is best for boosting metabolism, but I'm generally a black tea kinda girl, which isn't nearly as good for you. I only recently discovered that there are flavors of green tea that mimic the more traditional black... I picked up a box of chai green tea for work and haven't looked back. :)
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YAY! I second the consignment/used comments. Some stores are very good. We have one here called Unique that always has very high-quality items. Some even have the original tags on them.

AND I second the tea praise! I drink herbal tea whenever I'm feeling snacky and at night when I used to have a bowl of ice cream.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have been having a cup of tea in the mid afternoon when I would have normally reached for cookies.
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've started replacing green tea with my morning coffee and it's amazing! I'm glad it's worked for you, hope it'll work for me too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!