Green Tea

Options
Hi

I know that drinking green tea is very good for you... do you know if the crystal light green tea packets that you put in your water bottle have the same effect has the green tea you brew?

I don't like hot green tea... but love the cold green tea

Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You'll get some benefits, but the amount of actual green tea is probably very small compared to natural green tea. Crystal Light also has Apertame that I steer clear of.... IMO opinion the bad FAR outweigh the "good". Brew your own green tea & put it in the fridge. I like both hot & cold... I make my iced green tea like sun tea outside. :smile:
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I drink hot green tea at least twice daily. It has become my "snack" while at work.
  • Alanna234
    Alanna234 Posts: 13
    Options
    have you tried the twinnings "green tea selection" i dont know if thats the official name , but they do taste lovely and now you've mentioned it i might try some iced. It includes green tea with : Apple and pear , citrus , cranberry, pineapple & grapefruit and orange and lotus flower.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/724596_Twinings_Green_Tea_Selection_25bags.html

thats them there. Just a thought?
    x
  • Jennc143
    Jennc143 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will get some today and brew it then put it in the fridge
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I brew my own green tea, then put it in a pitcher and keep it in the fridge. It's SO good with a little lemon juice!